Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

kayaking for the soul

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » May 28, 2011, 7:31 pm

I love kayaking. I can't get enough of it. I love the sound of pushing through water and the feeling of waves moving me up and down. I love the sight of my kayak glidding through flat water, pushing through rough water and slithering through thick fog. I'm also the type of person that sets huge challenges, which leads me into what I've been trying to do for the past 3 years. A few years ago I had the idea of crossing Lake Michigan on my kayak. Why? because I've never done it and I know I can do it. i Always tell people to go one step further than what you think you can do. if you think you can run a mile, than run two and never stop short. This is what my story is about because when i'm on my boat life melts away for those few hours. I don't have to follow a path a course. I don't have to stop at the stop light or wait for a car to turn or even go a speed limit. Everything is up to me and there are very few activites in my life that are like that. I want to encouradge people to take up there soul and do something that lets them experience it. These days more people live life controlled by bills and how much they can work to bring money to their family. Soul serching has been left behind and replaced by schedules and apointments. Find soemthing you love and get out and do it.

www.kayaklakemichigan.wordpress.com

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » May 29, 2011, 1:32 am

Thank you Tradtke... a wonderful reminder to take time to just be ourselves.... and of what we can do when we do.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable