Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

do people ever look at themselves

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » May 30, 2011, 4:39 pm

The other day I had to stop at an ER to pick up something for work. This perticular hospital was located in the not-so-nice part of town. At the time they were dealing with a Gunshot wound. In the waiting room a bunch of people which appeared to be gang. walking around laughing and having a good time. Most dressed with their pants hanging down and hats off to one side or the other. I thought to myself, do people ever look at themselves and realize that they look like a moron. Not only that, but actions. I've had to deal with obnoxious out of control inner-city type of people. If they just stepped back and looked at how they were acting I just wonder if they would see anything wrong with it. If they would relized that they are not dressing now acting like a civilized person. more so, would they change. I just wonder.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » May 31, 2011, 1:57 am

The most well dressed man or woman.... can have a malicious spirit.

The most unkempt person.... can have a kind, gentle, generous soul.

Obnoxious is often a sign of deeply seeded wounds.

Anger is often a cover for emotions like fear, shame, guilt, sorrow and hopelessness.

To look at others and paint them with assumptions.... with no clue as to the intent of their souls. No understanding of their history. No care for their circumstances... only judgment and condemnation because they * appear* this and that and other things!

How arrogant we all can be as people. I wonder how many look at themselves for their critical presumptions without any vital knowledge? This was in an email story I was given this morning :

"The World sees what you do - GOD sees why you do it"

Intent matters... whether we are driven by love or fear..... it matters why we do what we do and looking at someone's 'outer display' doesn't tell the "why"?!

Respect is as a treasure needing found... and it only is when we each examine our own souls. When we dress in dignity. Associate with love and live in support, acceptance and peace. It isn't just *THOSE* people who need it... we all do! We all suffer from an arrogant gene that points fingers away from ourselves. Selfrighteousness is a terrible cloak to wear! Judgment is a heavy stone to throw! It falls on the head of the one wielding it along with their accused.

The most well spoken/dressed/paid person can be a criminal.... and the most illiterate/baggy/destitute person can save a life.

Who knows what others think of themselves? However, I do believe it truly matters a great deal what * I think* of them.... because it speaks directly to just who am I!!!

What am I dressed in?

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » May 31, 2011, 4:20 pm

Hi Tradtke first want to say I enjoy your postings here on the Peak. Thanks. I have looked at your blog and enjoyed it.

This one jars with me though.

Seems like there is a lot of judgment going on in this.

Isn't all you can say about these people is that their ways are different to your ways?

Their talents may not be talents that you value, nor ones that are needed in your environment. I suspect though that it is not easy to survive in theirs, let alone to thrive.

I once read that friends are neighbours who look over your broken fence to admire the flowers within your overgrown garden.

I was also taught that humility is not thinking less of yourself but rather it is thinking about your self less often. I have met many people who have lost all their material wealth and yet multiplied their spiritual worth.

We should not judge a book by its cover.

I wonder if its coincidence that Jesus was born in a stable rather than a luxurious palace?

Thanks for stimulating my thoughts....

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » May 31, 2011, 5:36 pm

A couple weeks ago Mayor Ron mailed out this daily quote...

If you don't know the kind of person I am
and I don't know the kind of person you are
a pattern that others made may prevail in the world
and following the wrong god home we may miss our star.

William Stafford, 1914-1993
American Poet and Pacifist
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >