Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Fog

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » May 30, 2011, 4:49 pm

The other day i went out on a normal kayak paddle which I try to do a couple times a week. When I got there the lake was all fogged in, and this is Lake Michigan, so a big lake. I decidded to go out still because I love paddling in the fog and i was all ready to go anyways. I got to the entrance to the lake where I usually follow the shore, but this time instead i went out of sight to land out to the lighthouse, which on any normal day could be seen clear as day. This time I followed the sound of the horn with zero visability. I posted a picture on my facebook page and one of my friends asked "why would you do that" I thought about it...the reason.

In the fog you lose track of everything, direction, sight, and thought. the water is usually dead calm so there is no concentrating on the waves. I lose myself in thought. So much comes up. I'm not concentrating on getting to a point because I can't see anything. All i know is the direction I am going. I follow my compass and get there when i get there. It could be 5 minutes. it could be 40 minutes. That is why I love the fog.

Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable