Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

trying to make a change

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » May 30, 2011, 6:58 pm

It seems that the past 3 years have been downhill for me with one badluck hit after another. I'm not trying to get sympathy and i'm certainly not feeling sorry for myself because the way I see it is that these things happen for a reason and there are people who are much worse than I am. I am thankful for what i do have instead of angry for what I don't BUT!!!!

I am the type of person who is not always satisfied with what I have if I know I can do better, and I know I can do better. This year is the year for change. The first change has allready been completed...A new job. the second, which is going to take a while is to replenish my savings that were used up after I was laid off from a job in the past.

third, I've had all these built up ideas and emotions in my head and no reall good way to get them out so I decided to start a blog and document my thoughts. I'm not a very good writer, but I still try hoping that experience will make me better. I want to be able to post every day or at least every other day. I'm a ways away from that, but while I'm doing that I am trying to find people's opinions. I want to know if you visitied if you would have interest in coming back and how often. the blog is in my signiture.

I was inspired by a story I was told while I was getting hired about an employee at a grocery store. It seemed rather insignificant, except he took the time to make his daily quotes. Every bag he filled he put a piece of paper in with this quote. After time people started coming to that store just for that quote. it started by people picking up the quote because they needed some grocerys, but moved to coming to the store to get the quote and getting some grocery just becuase they were there. It inspired me to write my own thoughts hoping that people would stop by read, and maybe inspire there thougths.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » May 31, 2011, 1:32 am

It seems that the past 3 years have been downhill for me with one badluck hit after another. I'm not trying to get sympathy and i'm certainly not feeling sorry for myself because the way I see it is that these things happen for a reason and there are people who are much worse than I am.
First... yes, sometimes... often ... too too often... life is one thing after another. Is it bad luck? Or is it just the way life is? It just is! No doubt about it... it just is what is!

Second... yes, there is always someone whose life is much harsher than the reality you live day to day.... BUT... that doesn't in any measure alleviate the challenges that are presented to you constantly. I do not measure my life to anyones. I know what a battlefield I am on daily and I appreciate the flowergardens that spring up all over it... in spite of .... the onslaught that takes place in the most unimaginable ways. Again... it just is!

Third... You have a wonderful idea doing your blog. I love the story of the quotes in the store. I am a quote-a-holic! I thrive on meaningful inspiration that enables me to focus daily on positives! Feeding an indomitable soul is imperative!

I have peeked in on your blog briefly when you first posted. You know... it isn't about how many people view your writing, Tradtke, it is vital that you write out the breathings of your own soul... for you! Be very specific about your feelings. Make it completely yours. Avoid broad brush stroked statements that include more than you. Own every word you spell out! You learn from what comes deep from the depths of your soul and not just off the top of your head.

Fourth....Better..... hmmmmm..... that word leaves a bitter taste on the lips of my spirit. ( Make her/him better!/ Can't you do better?) As if there is something wrong with who a person is. You can't be better than yourself! ... but you can indeed grow in wisdom, understanding, maturity and the loving acceptance of ALL you are and in this...ALL others are also. Change is maturity and knowledge instills it. You are working hard and well focused on your goals! Good for you!!!!!!! Go for it! May this be the most beneficial year of your life, Peak friend! Go for it all!!!! ;)

My the right encouragements resound to the core of your ever-growing spirit.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable