Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Inspiration of soldiers

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tradtke
Fellow Traveler

Post by tradtke » June 9, 2011, 7:58 pm

Forget politics, this has nothing to do with war so please don't make comments about if we should be in it or not. I stumbled across a video on youtube that brings out the true meaning of what family love is. if it does not inspire you nothing ever will. Media and news constantly broadcast soldiers coming home in caskets. They tell how many are being killed, but not nearly broadcast the emotions of coming home to family. These days its hard to find someone who doesn't know someone and/or has a family member in or has been killed. Me, I have both. I know of someone killed and I have a family member on his way to Iraq.
It's a horrible thing to be involved in and this has nothing to do with if we should be there or not. I fell apart watching this video because I remember being young and being so excited that my dad came home from work, Imagine being a child waiting a year for your dad to come home. Watch this video and find out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht5yucPQtQ4

Davidf
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Davidf » October 16, 2011, 9:06 am

tradke,
Admittedly I didn't watch the whole video...I didn't have to...the look of delightful surprise on those kids' faces said at all...thanks for sharing.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable