Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Power Of Perspective

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hawkeye » November 4, 2011, 6:13 pm

These were clearly the forward-facing eyes of a predator, not an elk or deer. They glowed a menacing green in my flashlight beam.

"Wow, what is that?" I asked.

"I don't know," responded my traveling companion, "but it looks big."

Indeed. The creature was under a towering conifer farther down the valley. The lowest branches appeared to be about six feet off the ground, as is common for these trees. The animal's hulking figure rose nearly to the height of those branches.

"What are we going to do?"

I stood motionless, concentrating on keeping the thing in the flashlight beam. It had been a long hike, and now were were just a short ways from camp. The walls of the canyon were near-sheer at this point. There was no way around.

"There really isn't anything, bear or otherwise, that's going to stand it's ground once we start walking toward it," I said. 'Let's just move forward and see what it does."

We walked. The sinister glowing green eyes held their ground.

One step ... two steps ... three steps ...

Suddenly the tree was just in front of us -- not a towering conifer at all, but perhaps six feet tall. The trunk was barely as thick as my bicep. The sharp descent of the valley had given the illusion that it rose up nearly above the canyon walls.

There, standing beneath the low branches, terrorizing us with his fiery glowing green eyes and his panting pink tongue:

:D

Sparky
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sparky » November 8, 2011, 3:16 pm

Great story, Hawkeye. :)

Barbie
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows.

~ Helen Keller

Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul

Post by Hawkeye » November 19, 2011, 8:31 am

Thanks!

It's funny cause it's true :D

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » November 19, 2011, 8:49 am

My sister and I were quite certain there was an evil beast in our closet one night when we were little girls. The darkness, the noises, the sheer terror!!!! Screaming for " MOOOOOOOM".... light came on... closet knob was pulled.... and out came the hideous beast that was terrorizing us.... purring and flicking his tail naunchalantly.

Like your story too! He looks so ominous!!!! lol
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » November 19, 2011, 1:16 pm

loooooovvvvve it!!!! :)

...megamaximus thanx for sharing those funny stories ((((Hawkeye))))) and ((((((Lion))))))...they got me smiling :D

love ladybird luv
p.s cute doggy in the photo
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Post Reply < PreviousNext >