Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Cancer.....

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Chanti
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chanti » May 24, 2007, 9:01 am

I know that this is probably not the right forum to write about this...but I feel that I have to share my thoughts SOMEWHERE...and this is where I feel "at home" and accepted.

Last week, I got the diagnos cervical cancer from my doctor.
I am going to meet a oncologist tomorrow(Friday)to discuss further treatment.

I am so scared....
...just the word CANCER makes me feel terrified.
I cant sleep, cant eat.....cant stop crying.

Please...anybody out there who has some soothing words for me?

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » May 24, 2007, 9:21 am

(((((((((((((((((((Chanti)))))))))))))))))))))) gentle embrace of true caring surrounding you dear one! Yes, having a diagnosis of cancer is very overwhelming. There are several treatment options available to you. I do know several woman who have also received this terrifying news and today are happy and healthy.

You will be on an emotional rollercoaster dear Chanti... it is the unknown that freaks us out so badly. I pray you will have a very positive dr's visit tomorrow and that the degree and options for renewing your health will be minimally invasive. May you be given the knowledge, options and assurance to calm your frayed nerves and renew your hope.

Thank you for being courageous in reaching out. If we can't surround a fellow traveler in love and encouragement when she truly needs it... how inspiring are we? You have heard the quote, " Knowledge is power", it is true! The more you know about this the more in control you are!!!! Don't allow the diagnosis of cancer rule you. It screams so many negatives straight into our faces!!! NEVERTHELESS, hope, faith, positive attitude and the gathering around you of love... this is healing medicine that has provoked amazing miracles! luv :D:

Love Lion~*PrayingYouThroughTheFearPrayingYourBodyBecomesClearPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

social butterfly
Beautiful Soul

Post by social butterfly » May 24, 2007, 12:00 pm

Dear chanti
i know this is a scaring time for you right now, and im so happy that you found it in your heart to open up and give us the chance to comfort you. i agree with lion, i have family that is dealing with the same situation and what helps them stay focused and strong is love, love from family and close friends. love keeps you built up, and when you are down the most it is always there in some form or way to touch your heart and soothe you. a scripture in the bible says there are friends sticking closer than a brother, a friend born for times of distress. just know that you have that form of love and friendship here with us. sending much love and happiness your way.

Agape Love,
Social Butterfly luv

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » May 24, 2007, 12:47 pm

Dear Chanti,
Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
Victor Hugo
I have posted this before, but it is beautiful. You will be in my prayers and keep in mind that all of our suffering in life either destroys who we are or makes us better than we could have dreamt to be. I say to you keep your family close and God closer, your family will comfort you and God will carry the burden if you let him.

Love and many prayers to you
Pollie
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » May 25, 2007, 4:40 am

Dear Chanti,

My prayers are with you and your loved ones during this very difficult time. As Lion alluded to in her post when it comes to cervical cancer, there is a very wide spectrum of differing degrees of severity as well as a range of treatments depending on how invasive the cancer is.

May peace surround you at this time. One of the greatest lessons I have learnt and continue to learn from my patients with cancer is that no matter what diagnosis or prognosis we might give someone- no one should ever underestimate the power of the human spirit. Cancer can touch the body, but not the soul.

May you always know that You are bigger than any disease which afflicts you,

With love and blessings,

Maithri
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Sunita
Fellow Traveler

Post by Sunita » May 26, 2007, 12:25 am

I can just understand and relate what you are going through but with my experience, I can tell you that thinking positive and have the courage to face the truth is the only way

My prayers are with you and hope you may what we say have an early stage that can be cured completly.

After knowing the facts from the doctors, only then you should look for answers, but now just go through these with open mind.

As the progress and advancement in medicine has been made , the cure of many kinds of Cancer is available and I know, it is not easy task but one has to do it.

Just have faith and Pray

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » May 26, 2007, 2:41 pm

Dearest Sunita,

Believe with all your heart and soul that complete healing is possible. With love,

Christine luv
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » May 26, 2007, 4:43 pm

Dear ((((((((((((Chanti))))))))))),
I am so sorry that you have to cope with this challenge and I understand that you are scared. Yet, you know deep within your heart and soul that you are not alone, ever. Your Angel is always at your side and will guide you through this black tunnel, out into the light of hope and confidence. Combining medical treatment and prayer and above all a positive attitude, it is possible to be victorious and to defeat this illness.
Know that you are in my prayers too.
Reaching across the world with a big hug.
Margherita luv

Engel der Heilung - Angel of Healing
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » May 26, 2007, 11:50 pm

Dearest Chanti,

Please know that by sharing your truth with us, you give us permission to shoulder some of your burden... and this is an important and often over-looked part of the healing process.

I will light a candle for you tonight and pray that tomorrow brings you a renewed sense of peace and strength.

Ron

Ames0325
Good Friend

Post by Ames0325 » May 29, 2007, 6:50 am

Dearest Chanti,

I have been away from our Peak home and it pains me to return and see this difficult news. Know that you will be in my thoughts and my prayers. I know that this is a scary time for you. I have lost many loved ones due to cancer and have watched as my 2 year old cousin ( now 6 and in remission) found her own battle against lymphoma. I wish you peace and comfort in this difficult time. I want to share one of my favorite stories about peace with you.
There is a story that describes a contest held by a king for the best painting of peace. Though many paintings were submitted, the king favored but two of the paintings. On the painting was a picture of pristine mountains, a peaceful lake, and the reflection of a sky dotted with fluffy clouds. The other picture was a picture of dark, craggy mountains under a spiteful sky where lightening danced, and a foaming waterfall that sprayed mist all about. However, behind the waterfall in a bush was a mother bird, completely at peace amidst the chaos that threatened to engulf her. To practice peace is not to eliminate violence and conflict in the world. It’s to be serene within one’s heart amidst the violence.
May you find peace amidst the choas in your life and may the love and support of your friends and family always be with you. Again know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Amy

Post Reply < PreviousNext >