Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Living with and in Pain

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext >
Muchoki
Beautiful Soul

Post by Muchoki » September 30, 2013, 2:34 am

It's been a week since the Hostage situation in Westgate Mall, Nairobi Kenya - http://mymiddlec.wordpress.com/2013/09/ ... bout-pain/

We have a lot of unanswered questions but we're moving on with life. We're waking up everyday and going on with our lives. Scared, scarred and jumping at every little noise... and yet trying. The resilience of the human spirit. Living with and in pain. Determined to get our lives back. To not let the terrorists have won.

And yet the hardest part is responding like Jesus - "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." Can we get to that place where we forgive the terrorists? Where we ask the Lord to forgive them too? Will i ever see beyond this haze of pain?
As footsteps shies the front,
preferring the wake to decorate,
my life i pray,
shall acquire similar character.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » October 2, 2013, 12:36 am

I believe you will see beyond the haze of pain even though the pain will never dissipate because you want to.... because you are not the insanity that happened.... you are affected by it and have that resilience of the human spirit to rise faithfully with all the love and empowerment in your soul over heinous terrorism. I'm believing you will!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Rachealra
Fellow Traveler

Post by Rachealra » December 1, 2014, 7:55 pm

You can easily explain it.I can't do it same you.

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » December 3, 2014, 8:20 pm

Rachealra,
It is my opinion that:
An honest attempt to lessen another's pain and to attempt to console them and help them to heal is a normal an understandable human trait. It does not negate or soft pedal the actual events, terror, trials or pain, but attempts to give another human soul a space to be free of anguish for a moment of hope.
Though often in pain many of us again and again look for hope and encouragement. Many of us even try to provide it.
Namaste

~Zep

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » December 4, 2014, 1:54 am

Love what you just said there Zep.... spot on !

Matthew Weeden

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » December 4, 2014, 3:55 pm

Yes Zep - spot on. Rachealra has a point - there are great imponderables in life that we can't explain - and being unable to explain is OK. However when, as here, we can't explain Evil we can seek to mitigate the effect of Evil by sharing Love. Love (and Hope) is what Lion was sharing and by doing so she diminishes the power of Evil. Thank God she did.........

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » December 4, 2014, 4:12 pm

Thank you dearly Lifeboat!

Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » December 4, 2014, 6:35 pm