Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Job Interview Tips and Experience

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext >
madkhaos
Fellow Traveler

Post by madkhaos » December 7, 2014, 8:56 am

So I got a job interview coming up and was wondering what everyone's experience or tips would be for preparing for an interview? I read a good article at http://aspiringmind.com/7-job-interview ... candidate/ and got the Basics down. Good eye contact, go in nicely dressed, be honest and remain relaxed. Can you guys share some tips and pointers as well? Thanks and happy holidays!
;)

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » December 7, 2014, 2:15 pm

Madkhaos,
If it is a professional job you're looking for, I would suggest making up a resume (list of jobs you've held before). If this is your first job or the job doesn't pay a lot, the tips you list are fine.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

madkhaos
Fellow Traveler

Post by madkhaos » December 8, 2014, 5:17 pm

Thank you, the job is relevant to my previous so it should be fine. Just wondering if there were a universal set of questions they will throw at me. Never had to do a interview... :D

Matthew Olszewski
Good Friend

Post by Matthew Olszewski » April 21, 2015, 1:32 pm

In my opinion, in addition to knowledge about the company where you have a job interview, the most important is to feel relaxed and comfortable.

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » November 3, 2015, 7:43 pm

i know it's too late to answer it, but better late than never LOL :D

my suggestion is,
stay calm and relax, be yourself, be honest, pray :)
do your best and let God do the rest!

no need to lie to make yourself look better. lies can be a time bomb even if you get the job.
so just be honest. if this job is for you, then you will get it. but if you don't get it, maybe God has prepared something better..

Good luck for anyone who's facing a job interview!

regards,
melia

jjbreunig3
Beautiful Soul

Post by jjbreunig3 » November 5, 2015, 6:24 am

Since most companies have a website, take 30-60 minutes to learn about the company, taking time to compose questions to ask.

Many interviewers have asked me to ask questions about the company itself; this shows not only your interest in the company, but can provide one with the opportunity to demonstrate what skills you possess to aid the company resolve potential/ongoing issues.
Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably. --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

madkhaos
Fellow Traveler

Post by madkhaos » March 16, 2016, 6:06 pm

Great responses and feedback. Thanks guys! :D:

Post Reply < PreviousNext >