Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Quite a silent year.

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext >
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » December 8, 2016, 2:51 pm

It has been a rather challenging year. Life always holds unexpected events ... some positive and some quite difficult to endure. I have the least amount of writing in my files for 2016 than I have for 12 yrs. It boggled my mind to open my files and find less than a handful of poems.... for this word person..... no words speaks enormous volumes. Life has been given and taken in so many forms. To sum it up... all I feel is the heaviest * sigh* ... of deepest gratitude and very difficult heartbreak.

Today... is such a glorious sunshine, very cold day with snow blowing off the roof in the wind creating prisms sparkling the air full of rainbow promises of hope, healing, life sustaining breath.... breath that was nearly lost from my lungs and threatened to shut down the words of my soul forever.

THe Peak has gone through a tremendous amount of silence Itself this year. I long for the words to sprout up from all that has lain quietly dormant from our pages here..... to spring up hope... courage... expectation... joy... contented peace and keen understanding to the precious ones who come by thirsty for a touch upon their souls.

BLessings to ALL

Love Janice ... still your friendly moderator... Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » December 9, 2016, 11:35 pm

2016 has provided an almost overwhelming set of challenges and tests as it were, both personally and for our country.
Though silence has been said to be golden, I am not always sure that there aren't undercurrents of activity and movement in our lives, and to quote Star Wars "in the force".
Sometimes reflection and just being less 'busy' lets us flow with events and also examine them more closely. I to would have liked to have written more, but the words just don't come out right - from another old song...
Priorities change and sometimes hearing the silence instead of filling it with words is also a form of expression; a sort of giving up of self and instead, listening and giving to others.
What ever challenges we have met, I think the worst they can have done is worn off rough edges and maybe forced us to get back up off the side of the road of life and merge back into life.
So maybe silence is golden, I guess perspective will tell us as time will also.
Friends and cohorts here are not forgotten, but when voices fall silent here,
they may simply be in action elsewhere.
Lack and loss inevitably give way to their opposites and most of us have seen that in our lives.
I think what matters most is whether we are coming out on the other side of a dark night, or just coming out on the other side of the rainbow what is most important is that we do not give up but keep on keeping on.
While I think life is not a race or an endurance test, I think it is a test of our ideas, ideals and purpose.
I hope life has given most a reaffirmation of their purpose and goals, and I hope we all recover enough to stop and smell the roses and to look at the sunsets, and to enjoy beauty when it appears.
There is always much to do and needs to fill and change to be made, but if we remember that God's plan has many, many hands to fulfill it and many, many more hearts to see it through then perhaps our efforts will seem less lacking,
then sorrow, or disappointment can give way to the realization that we are not alone and hopelessness is a temporary bend in the road.
We may each not know all the answers but with faith in each other and faith in God we may realize that the answers do exist and someone somewhere is working on the problems at hand.
Sometimes a sabbatical is the best influence when the words escape us.
Events may turn us inside out but then there is a saying that every cloud has a silver lining. I hope this meander hasn't lost everyone.

No words of wisdom tonight,
and the only light I can see tonight
is that bulb above my head,
before I turn it off to go to bed.

Sleep well and may the morning sun
shine upon your face and may you smile back.

Peace.
~Zep zz

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » December 10, 2016, 2:02 pm

Your meander write is just lovely, so good to read your thoughts :)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » December 19, 2016, 12:41 am

Thank you Janice and Zep.
So glad that the year hasn't passed without comment and so sorry that a dear friend has had to endure so much.
Janice your soul is eternal and it's voice will never be silenced.
For me it's also been a mixed year. Almost lost my wife twice. Seen my country and the USA stand at major crossroads only to find the signposts illegible. Seen massive evidence of man's inhumanity to man. But also listened to an 87 year old singer with joy in her heart entertaining those whose Countrymen obliterated her city with bombs 70 years ago. And experienced some great moments of friendship and soaked up the beauty of nature.
May we all follow a path that brings light into darkness perhaps even a growing awakening that there is only one God albeit experienced from many perspectives.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >