Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Kia Ora from Aotearoa

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » November 14, 2007, 9:24 pm

Kia Ora,

Today in Aotearoa (land of the long white cloud) the weather has been pristine...

...with periwinkle skies to meet the eyes
...with fluffy clouds white and puffy
...with golden sunbeams like in your dreams
...with a breeze chilling and thrilling

...and its been a purrfect day for going to a beautiful flower show at the botanical gardens with my mum...admiring all the amazing floral displays and enjoying a dutch chocolate danish delight icecream with whipped cream and chocolate sauce in a waffle cone...lip smacking delicious!! :p

love ladybird luv

...Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down...
~ proverb
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » November 18, 2007, 8:02 pm

Kia Ora,

Today in Aotearoa (land of the long white cloud) its been a really hot summers day!!...

...with sapphire blue skies to meet the eyes
...with white clouds a sight to delight
...with a beaming sun out for some fun

...and its been a purrfect day for a walk around the Botanical gardens admiring the native plants, sculptures and the beautiful rose garden with my mum. Then having a mochachinno and yummy choc fudge slice :p at a homestead while gazing over the pretty cottage gardens there. Then a nice little cat nap zz while soaking up the sun...

love ladybird luv

...you can't have rosy views about the future if your mind is full of the blues about the past...
~ Anon

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » November 25, 2007, 8:14 pm

Kia Ora,

Today in Aotearoa (land of the long white cloud) its been another scorcher of a day!!...

...with forget me not blue skies to greet the eyes
...with only delicate wisps of cloud light and white
...with a breeze that rustles leaves in the trees
...with a sun gold and bold

...and its been a purrfect day for going out for a relaxing drive into the countryside and visiting some watergardens admiring the beauty of a cascading waterfall and sublimely serene pink, lemon, white water lilies...supping a flat white at the cafe and later having a cat zz nap....
The Lotus Flower is a symbol of goodness and purity. It also embodies transformation. The lotus flower rises above the mud of the pond through the murky water to reach the surface. People, too may rise above the trials and difficulties of life to attain enlightenment
love ladybird luv

...Our life is frittered away by detail...
...Simplify, simplify...
~ Henry David Thoreau

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » November 29, 2007, 9:04 am

Dear Ladybird,
I think you are a very special person ... I 've just come across this most lovely report of Aotearoa and I love it. You make me wish to visit this beautiful place where you live and enjoy life. You have a profoundly artistic soul, you are so sensitive and show a generous heart. It is a pleasure to read you and your quotes too!
Now that I have found you here I won't miss visiting you again. I also find it so nice that you often go out with your dear Mom and well those delicious desserts would be welcome here too!!!!

Here in Rome, the Eternal City, we are having a very rainy day, which happens rarely. It is 6pm and it is already very dark, the days are short.
But even in the rain this city is a beauty, love the lights and the monuments and the spirit of this place .... even under the rain.

Love and hugs.
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 1, 2007, 11:27 pm

Kia Ora,

Mega thanx dear (((Margherita))) for your kind & beautiful words of appreciation...my heart is singing ;b with joy & love (aroha)

Aotearoa is very diverse in cultures which adds to the appeal of this wonderful country... and the native forests and gardens are truly breathtaking... One only has to see the scenery in the LOTR (Lord of the Rings) movies to get a feel for its unique beauty...Most definately you should visit...that would be lovely!!Rome sounds equally beautiful as you describe it too!!

Today I had brunch at a Yum Cha restaurant with some chinese friends...we had a feast of spring rolls, dumplings, wontons, prawns on crackers, bok choy, seasoned beans and beef with dipping sauces...then for dessert a coconut panna cotta treat...we also drank oodles of green tea and had a grrreat time chatting....it was lots of fun...right now I am listening to some music on the ipod ;b

love from a blissed
ladybird luv

...Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it...
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » December 2, 2007, 12:47 am

Hello dear ladybird! Your brunch sounds great, being a Sunday. We also use to have brunch here in Western Europe, but my husband loves tradition and Sunday lunch means for him to begin with a nice dish of pasta ... of course! Today we shall have "fettuccine con funghi" noodles with mushrooms that is. HE is the chef in the family and we like it! But today I slept a little longer and I still have to enjoy my breakfast first, with a candle lit as usual. I love the breakfast atmosphere!

My husband is just calling to say it is ready ... See you later!

Thank you for the Goethe quote! In my Northern Europe culture he is considered a genius of course.

Love and have a fantastic Sunday. Just peeked at the sky which is gray ... but it might change later.

Margherita ??? luv :)
(Rumi)

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 2, 2007, 1:26 pm

Kia Ora,

Lovely to see ya again dear (((Margherita))) and brekkie by candlelight what a delight...your pasta lunch sounds delicious too....I really like Italian food....especially pasta!....and glad you liked the quote :)

Today in Aotearoa (land of the long white cloud) its another summery hot day!!...

...with sapphire skies blue and true
...with fluffy clouds white and puffy
...with sun beams to brighten your dreams
...with only a delicate hint of breeze in the trees

...and its a purrfect day for a walk in the grrreat outdoors, but right now I'm just chilling out with some music on the ipod ;b...

love ladybird luv

...One today is worth two tomorrows; never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today...
~ Benjamin Franklin

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 11, 2007, 7:59 pm

Kia Ora,

Today in Aotearoa (land of the long white cloud) its been really cloudy!!...

...with a thick haze of grey skies to meet the eyes
...with the sun only a hint of glint
...with a refreshing breeze that glides and slides

...and its been a purrfect day for a pre xmas :xmas: lunch with friends...having bubbly with orange juice , bacon, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, mushrooms and after for dessert fresh fruit salad...now though I'm just chilling out with some tunes on the ipod ;b and coffeeeeeeeeeeee!!

love ladybird luv

...Take the attitude of a student. Never be too big to ask questions. Never know too much to learn something new...
~ Og Mandino

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » December 15, 2007, 6:44 am

Always such a pleasure to read you dear ladybird!

You remind me of the joy of Advent, pre Christmas time ... candles are lit and the whole of Europe is about to be covered in snow .... so that we can dream of a White Christmas. Besides the ice and the cold, the VIEW is so ENCHANTING!

... ok I am drifting off into the dreaming of a white Christmas ...

Love and hugs.
Margherita luv :xmas:
(Rumi)

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 16, 2007, 2:20 pm

Dear (((Margerita)))

...mega thanx for the appreciation and lovely to see ya again!!...you make my heart smile :) and my soul sing ;b

...A white Christmas does sound rather enchanting...ahhhhhhhhhh :^

...Its getting a bit hectic at the shops at the mo...(xmas rush yikes!!...so I'm spending more time just chilling out with my ipod, reading and walks in the park when the weathers fine)
Nga mihi o te Kirihimete :xmas:
Christmas Greetings
:

love (aroha) & blessings
ladybird luv

That which is loved is always beautiful...
~ Norwegian proverb

Post Reply < PreviousNext >