Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Zen Story

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
_Darkie_
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by _Darkie_ » October 28, 2007, 10:58 pm

An inspiring concept from China is our idea of Family.

Even if two people are unrelated, they are obliged to call the other as a family member. A boy meets an elderly man...they will address each other as "Grandfather" and "Grandson", even if they have just met, and do not really share that relationship.

This invariably brings a lot of people together. It instills a sense of being and love for others.
~Darkie

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » October 29, 2007, 12:18 am

...lovely to see you again!!(((Darkie))) and a very nice and inspiring concept for family that the Chinese have...thanx for 'splaining and I guess that makes me a sister...sweet as!!:D

...I have a deep respect for the Asian traditions and we can glean much wisdom from their culture too... :0:

...My parents have recently started drinking just boiled water which I believe the chinese call 'white tea'...not my kinda cuppa tea though...I'd rather have green tea...my favourite is the green tea and blackberry frappuchinno from Starbucks...in my humble opinion its truly divine!!

love ladybird luv

...A bit of fragrance always clings to the hands that give you roses...
~ Chinese proverb
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Post Reply < PreviousNext >