Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Egyptian God Spiritual Purpose

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » October 24, 2007, 3:45 pm

Dear friends,
...came across the following and found it a smidgen interesting so here goes...

Ra - illuminates the soul
Tefnut - breathes life into the body
Shu - holds the magic moment "now"
Nuit - aligns the body with the soul & cosmos
Geb - awakens consciousness
Nephthys - creates the home shaped by the souls love
Seth - finds the nature of the divine identitiy
Isis - bonds and binds the soul to the body
Osiris - leads from the divine substance of the soul
Agape - love, proactive, outgoing and intentional connectedness with others

love ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

_Darkie_
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by _Darkie_ » October 25, 2007, 6:02 am

Interesting :D

I have dabbled a bit into [Ancient] Egyptian religion and belief, through Novels mostly.

It's nice to have someone write and name Egyptian Gods and their purposes :P. It's interesting if you think, which God's personality bests suits you?
~Darkie

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 29, 2007, 1:18 am

...Agape me thinks...and I love that Egyptians revered cats...being a cat lover myself that is!!...

...Ancient Egyptian religion and belief would be rather interesting to study I imagine...

love ladybird luv

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 30, 2007, 2:02 pm

Dear friends,

I came across the following interesting facts about Egyptians....

...the ancient Egyptians painted their lips with henna

...the ancient Egyptians placed cones of scented fat on their hair, which exuded perfume as they melted. They were the first people to extract perfumes from flowers such as the madonna lily, but the art of distilling scents from flowers such as roses and lavender was not perfected until the 9th century AD in the Middle East.

...of the many flowers beloved of the ancient Egyptians the lotus was accorded the place of honour. The white lotus or water lily was the flower classified today as Nympahaea lotus, but the Egyptians also revered the blue lotus, N caerulea. The sacred flower was believed to be the birthplace of the Immortal serpent Nehebkau, who lived in Nun, the primordial ocean that was the source of all life.

love ladybird luv

Post Reply < PreviousNext >