Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

How old are you?

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » October 24, 2007, 4:21 pm

Dear friends,

In my humble opinion each of us are only as old as we feel...

...You're only as old as you feel so they say ;)
...Age does not always determine ones mental age :p
...Youth can have a burdened heart of aged worries while the elderly can rejoice in a youthful spirit that delights :D.

love ladybird luv

...just like a fine wine or cheese one can get better with age!...
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » October 24, 2007, 9:42 pm

:? Oh Ladybird! What a question!!!

In body... old... very, very... very old! :(

In emotions... multiple ages... because my memories throw me back and forth through time with stops all over the place so I
" feel" how I did at the memory time... not necessarily today time! :?

In spirit ... I feel middle aged. Like I know some important information about life, but not yet enough to be done. :)

As for my actual age... Shhhhhhhh :0: I'll never tell!!! :D

Love Lion~*HowOldDoYouThinkIAm?Paw ;)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » October 25, 2007, 12:20 am

Interesting question :)

Physically - past my 'best before' date. ;)
Mentally - old enough to have accumulated lots of knowledge and young enough to want to keep learning! :D:
Emotionally - a work in progress :^
Spiritually - been around forever :p

How old are you Ladybird?

Mammy x x x

PS: 52

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 25, 2007, 1:10 am

WOW!! grrreat responses from you both (((Lion))) & (((Mammy)))
As for my actual age...Shhhhhhhh :^ I'll never tell!!! :D
...ditto...I like to be mysterious when it comes to my actual age...a girls gotta have some secrets after all...LOL!! ;)

...what I will reveal though is that while I consider myself young at heart mentally, physically my aching shoulder keeps reminding me I'm no spring chicken either...

love ladybird luv

...if my heart can become pure and simple like that of a child. I think there probably can be no greater happiness than this...
~ Kitaro Nishida

~and~

...great is the man who has not lost his childlike heart...
~ Mencius

_Darkie_
Fellow Traveler

Post by _Darkie_ » October 25, 2007, 6:31 am

I'm 14 years old.

Delving deeper, I've often wondered how old I really am, spiritually, mentally...

To say how old I am in those two areas would be trying to shoot a moving target.

All I can say is that I'm learning, and that for me, no age is old enough to stop that! :P

I will think more on this question - it is an interesting one indeed.

A very good friend of mine was joking with me once. We were talking to each other in a poetic, Shakesperian like fashion - having a grand old time. We came up with this quote

Is it not rare to be young mentally...and old physically?
Or rarer still; to be old mentally, and young physically?

I admit, it doesn't make a lot of sense if it's not put into context, but I thought it would be interesting to add that here.[/i]
~Darkie

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » October 25, 2007, 6:43 am

Actually Darkie I think your quote makes buckets of sense! :)
I am meeting more and more and more young people like you who are so obviously 'old souls' :D
It really makes me feel positive about the future of the world :cool:
But, it can be a tough position to be in - feeling as old as the stars but with very few candles on your cake - because you still have to go through the process of physical, mental and emotional growth!
I know - I was that soldier a very, very, very long time ago :)

Mammy x x x

franz
Fellow Traveler

Post by franz » October 25, 2007, 8:42 am

Now: I'm studying for my medical exam
Time: 5am
Family: an ocean away.... so no parties for me

I am stuck to celebrate my birthday with learning a few things about heart attack; and being alone. All my frenz are having exam as well.

Your thoughts made me reflect on my stance in life right now( and I need a break from the books^.^).
I love my study, but this day is one of a minor put-off of being me.
Today I feel really old, no more teenage life. But I feel relief somehow, 20 is an end to my past life chapter. A whole number. I know in a week's time I will be young again, because I finish my exam. and then celebrate all summer.

One thing about being older, you become (obviously) wiser. When you are wiser, you tend to allow life and people to take its course without feeling angry or sad or hateful. In other words, we tend to forgive n let go of the bad things that life or people may do-that may make you unhappy-as we age.

For me.......Aging is accepting

Sweet life,
Pierre

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » October 25, 2007, 10:05 am

HAPPY BRITHDAY PIERRE :p :p ;b ;b

My son was 20 this day last month.

Know that, even if they are very far away, your family is thinking of you and your mother is recalling this day 20 years ago when you arrived into her world :) :) :)

Sending you many blessings and good luck wishes for you exams :D:

Mammy x x x

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 25, 2007, 2:33 pm

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY PIERRE!!

...and my very best well wishes for your exams too!! :)

love ladybird luv

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 31, 2007, 10:41 pm

I have always said that I would rather wear out than rust to death
~ Anita Roddick

love ladybird luv

...the purpose of life is a life of purpose...
~ Robert Byrne

Post Reply < PreviousNext >