Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Your Philosophy of life?

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
franz
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by franz » February 12, 2007, 5:33 pm

Hi stranger,

I wanna know how you see life.

Is it tough? Is it real? why?
When you wake up in the morning, what keeps you going to go through the day, week, or life? Is it a smile, a dog, a partner, a bowl of muesli? why?

Do you think big "to save the world" or be warm and friendly to your next door neighbour first?Why?
Is it meaningful and worthy? What does it mean to you? What do you see with you - your body?

What does other people mean to you? Are you really inspiring and motivated that you walk down the street with a gigantic smile in your face or do you keep your thoughts to yourself?
How do people who annoys or affect others and you in a negative way make you feel? Do you assume that they are stupid, naive, innocent, bad, evil, unique or anything?

What else? why? I wanna know

Tell Me

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 13, 2007, 6:49 am

You sure ask a lot of questions Pierre! :D

Since I only have a couple minutes I can tell you this much...

Sometimes I love to be by myself, surrounded by my many projects, not needing anyone or so I like to think. But as soon as another person comes into the picture.... my soul opens up. I can honestly say that I love people.... the way their eyes shine, the way they sometimes act so tough, their little silly habits and superstitions, their desire to be desired... I'm fascinated with them and can't help but love them.

I tend to be very optimistic. I don't like to worry or get 'overly concerned' about things that I have no power or control over. And if I do have it within my power to change things or make a difference, I'll do it... trusting that this is how it's supposed to be.

All my best to you Pierre! (And welcome to the Peak!;))

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » February 13, 2007, 10:58 pm

Hi stranger,

Life certainly isn't easy... I have a large family that I take care of... this alone is a huge challenge... all the different personalities and needs. I have a vast array of friends that I maintain a healthy contact with. Then there is my little kingdom of flocks of fowls and puppy dog howls! Gardens galore and a body that's sore!
Is it real... OH Honey!!! YES!!! My life is incredibly real though many might not believe it to see it all!!! :p ;) I see life as an amazing journey of love, chaos, wisdom and sorrows, knowledge and discovery.

When you wake up in the morning, what keeps you going to go through the day, week, or life? Is it a smile, a dog, a partner, a bowl of muesli? why?
My faith, family and my determination to live life well are what provoke me on each day!

Do you think big "to save the world" or be warm and friendly to your next door neighbour first?Why?
Is it meaningful and worthy? What does it mean to you? What do you see with you - your body?
I do not think big as in *saving the whole world*... I am not a Savior! But I do believe in upholding my family and friends with as much encouragement and love as I am capable of giving... and apparently it is alot because every day I still have a great deal to give!!! :D: Meaningful... Worthy... what a question! People are always more than meaningful and worthy of love! It is why we are!
What does other people mean to you? Are you really inspiring and motivated that you walk down the street with a gigantic smile in your face or do you keep your thoughts to yourself?
Depends upon how I am feeling. Sometimes I am so deep in consentration I don't really see anyone. Other times I love to lock eyes and give a smile!
How do people who annoys or affect others and you in a negative way make you feel? Do you assume that they are stupid, naive, innocent, bad, evil, unique or anything?
I usually find it quite sad that something within them is triggering off their abrassive behavior. I think of the kindness and generous heart they could accumulate. I see them as hurt and unaware that there is anything else they could be at that moment and I hope they will somehow look deep within their soul and discover who is there waiting to be free.

Tell Me

LOL... anything else will have to wait... cause this Lion~* is feeling the late hour! zz
Love Lion~*ManyQuestionsSomeBlankToKeepYouGuessinPaw :^
Last edited by Lion~* on February 14, 2007, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Ames0325
Good Friend

Post by Ames0325 » February 14, 2007, 1:32 pm

Hi stranger,

Life is the hardest thing I have had to do so far... I have Asperge's Syndrome(a disorder on the Autistic spectrum) It is a challenge for me to just say hello to someone or understand what a teacher is saying...not understand teh concepts(that's a whole nother ballgame) just understand what the words mean

Is it real? YOu don't know how many times a day I ask myself this...SOmetimes I wonder if I am trapped in the middle of someone elses nightmare.

The prospect of solving teh next problem that comes my way...I love solving problems. Although sometimes I get overwhelmed...I can solve almost any equation you give me or learn any computer program...but I have trouble talking ot the lady at the bank or asking for help. I guess though you could say I really live fro the thrill of the moment

Do you think big "to save the world" or be warm and friendly to your next door neighbour first?Why? HOnest I dream big but in truth I have to think small. I can't think much beyond what am I doing 5 minutes or 1 hr from now or I get lost in my own thoughts. I just try to make it through each day and make a difference if I get the opportunity
Is it meaningful and worthy? What does it mean to you? What do you see with you - your body? Life is what we put into it. So yes I guess life is meaningful. It is everything that I am. I can't even begin to describe all the things that I see or feel. Suffice it to say that most of the time this world is a wonderfully busy dizzy intoxicating place

What does other people mean to you? Are you really inspiring and motivated that you walk down the street with a gigantic smile in your face or do you keep your thoughts to yourself? I am probably lost in the clouds somewhere most of the time but when I think about I try to smile and greet people I see

How do people who annoys or affect others and you in a negative way make you feel? Do you assume that they are stupid, naive, innocent, bad, evil, unique or anything? I believe that we are all Children of our heavenly Father and each of us has great Individual Worth and a Divine Nature. While some people make bad choices and or are annoying I try to always remind myself that they are sons/Daughters of God.

Love Amy

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » February 15, 2007, 5:30 am

For the most part, my life is joyful. I have no complaints, no real ones anyway. : ) I have all the usual stresses that anyone has, but having come through some years of pain and trial, I can no longer take for granted the beauty of love and comfort that surrounds me.

When you wake up in the morning, what keeps you going to go through the day, week, or life? Is it a smile, a dog, a partner, a bowl of muesli? Why?

For me, it is remembering how blessed I am! I vow to begin each day appreciating all that I have -- my daughters, my health, my friends, my love. I have to thank you for these questions, Pierre. I have tears in my eyes as I write this!/color]

It is just all about spreading love. In big ways or small ways, it doesn't matter.

Well, I am an extremely expressive person, so I am pretty much grinning at everyone as I walk down the street!

It is my responsibility, I feel, to not allow what others do to affect me. They choose their behaviour; I choose my response. It is really that simple.

Thank you, Pierre, for these questions. It was great fun to mull them over.

Love,

Christine
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

m1le-st0nes
Good Friend

Post by m1le-st0nes » February 15, 2007, 7:50 pm

I like to take life as it comes, I like to flow with the wind.

when people say "we have no time to lose" I say "we have the rest of our lives to lose it's a waste of time worrying over trivialities"

why?because you have to live the way you want to if you are going to live it to the fullest.

like our best of friends Ron i love people too i see no faults only them for who they are inside and that makes my heart swell to enormous proportions
Rest well
Sleep tight
and You'll wake up
full of joy and light

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » February 16, 2007, 4:49 am

Beautiful, m1le-st0nes. :)

I am reminded by your writing that love and peace are choices, no more, no less.

Love,

Christine luv
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » February 16, 2007, 6:27 pm

What is my philosophy of life?

Love.

Thanks for the question friend, Maithri.
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » February 16, 2007, 10:45 pm

Hmm Pierre,

In a hurry? To answer all of these great questions in one fell swoop would cheat you out of thoughtful answers.

Whatever is produced in haste goes hastily to waste.
Saadi
But to answer the first in the series today, how I see life.

I see life with my heart, feel it with my soul and live it with love. I see life as "an expression of ourselves" like art. It is and always will be what we make of it. Personally, there is nothing about life that is displeasing. It is filled with wonderful people, trying moments, exciting adventures, brilliant colors, fabulous scents, delicious tastes, memories, knowledge and so much more.

Pollie

To live content with small means, to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion, to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich, to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never, in a word to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common, this is to be my symphony.
William Henry Channing
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

dawn
Good Friend

Post by dawn » February 17, 2007, 9:40 am

Hello Pierre, I wanted to attempt answer some of your questions, they are a lot!!!

I think life can be tough, but rewarding.Love keeps me going. Love in all forms. A few good friends, my family, the srength and support/love of God that I couldn't make it without. Memories of good times and love from my past and the ability to make more in the future and present. The simple things in life, starry skies, good music, laughter, smiles...answered prayers....and shallow as it may seem, I am grateful for the medicine that makes stabilty of life more possible...(I have ADD, depression, and severe anxiety). These things are what keeps me going - in short.

I believe there is only one large enough to save the world. But I beleive that we can be His hands and feet, by touching the people in our lives with the love He gives in abundance...and by simply allowing the love that is inherently within us room to breathe we can embrace life and others...love is a gift...for all parties...giving and recieving....But there is only One who has saving power and grace...It is simply our job to know this and live our lives...preferabbly in the light :)

Yes, life to me is a taste of the eternity that awaits our souls. I look forward to the day when, " all tears shall be banished and disease and death nonexistent, wehn we shall all live as one in love, and in the prescence of God.
Life is achingly precious, and fleeting. There is much sorrows, etc....all of that, but there are also the sweetest moments, the moments of overflowing joy, and unshakeable faith, the moments of love so strong it hurts....and moments when I feel so loved or when you know certainly that one day all shall be reunited,,,,and "neither death nor anyhting shall separate from the love of Christ"...

Other people mean life.
I am not really inspiring mostly...I am depressed and I am serious a lot,,,although I can be inspiring and many times really goofy/love to make people laugh. I can be very motivated if deeply interested in something, until I lose interest.. I can rarely keep anything to myself, although I like to pretend I can :)

Sometimes, they can really get to me. Ecspecially as my self esteem etc can be really low....But when I look at such situations thru " God's Lens" I understand that there are many things that may have caused such behaviors. For example, sometimes when someone is really rude and loud with me I may see in minds eye that an important person in their life has shaped them with that sort of mental abuse...that they may have never been really loved or shown love.....Sometimes these impressions are very strong and my heart hurts for them....
Some people are just negative because thats all they know, some suffer chemical imbalances, some are just having a bad day...No one can be positive all the time...such is not the world in which we live.....i have a tendency towards seeing the good in most people, many that society would reject...because we are all children of God and many of the outcast/downtrodden are simply untapped potential, and I have seen inside when they have allowed that they possess beautiful, beautiful souls.....Anyway, that is how I mostly percieve "negative" people(i'm sure i'm one of those much of the time) Anyway, and I only percieve very disturbing individiuals as evil...Hitler was evil.....molesters, deliberate and cold murderers....that sort...

Thanks for the thought provoking questions, i enjoyed delving inside myself for the answers...-Melissa
Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. -Helen Keller

Post Reply < PreviousNext >