Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Faith

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
one_chance_only
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by one_chance_only » January 11, 2008, 1:30 pm

I seem to have last my faith. I am 16 years old and I have truly lost any faith i posessed. I am learning about Nazi Germany at school and it is just horrific. Everyday I see evil succeeding and good floundering hopelessly. No loving God would create such bad human beings. I hate to be so depressing but I needed to share my thoughts. All of you are so uplifting and i just wish there were more intelligent, beautiful people in the world like you. What a place it would be! Thanks a lot.
Peace.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » January 11, 2008, 4:37 pm

Dear One Chance Only, Welcome and thank you so much for voicing yourself so freely to us here at the Peak.

I remember when I first studied the Holocaust. It is horrific. Cruelty was not created... it is a choice! Huge difference when needing a clear perspective about such tender issues. If you study further you will find many resiliant, strong, vibrantly empowering stories that came out from this most horrendous time in history. Corrie Ten Boon has several very good books she wrote about her own experiences during this period of time. Anne Frank is also powerful. Schindler's List... and so many more. Yes, there were horrors and yes, there still are. We only have the capability for our very own self to choose love, respect and generosity of soul to one another. This is what comes from "free will"... what will you choose? what is right, good, loving and freeing... or what is not. Some just do not choose wisely... but I do believe even their lives are a catalyst for others to live life so much better!

I know it is shocking, outrageous and so very very painful to realize how brutal mankind can be. It makes me sad that such revelations are causing you to lose faith... there is truly a great deal of love poured out across this universe... the more you and I hold onto it... the more it will grow! Be of courage... take heart and may you find the many inspiring stories of resiliance and astounding defiance in the face of pure evil to live... love and still be able to laugh ... inspite of! So often it truly IS in spite of!!!!

Love Lion~*LookDeeper... LovePrevailsAlwaysPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » January 11, 2008, 6:14 pm

My friend,

I agree with Lion's wise words...

The presence of darkness in the world does not mean that there is not light....

I wrote something recently on just this theme ;)

http://soaringimpulse.blogspot.com/2008 ... peace.html

Peace and light to you, M
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » January 11, 2008, 6:33 pm

One Last Chance. Welcome and thank you for sharing your feelings. .

I understand how you feel and you feel that way because you are a sensitive and caring person. When I learned about the Holocaust many years ago - having had and still have many Jewish friends, I felt as you did. Even today I see too much horror in the world, and it breaks my heart that many seemed to have learned very little from it.

I do not believe as the people here seem to, in a conventional God, but I do believe there is a spirit, a higher power that guides us. I believe we have to learn to help each other and that it is within us to stop the inhumanity and not depend on a God to do it. Drop it all in a deity's hands so we can wash ours of it. My belief is until more people learn that lesson I do not think much will change anytime soon, but little by little it may just take hold.

I think it is the lesson the prophets were trying to teach - especially Jesus. We have to stop looking to a God or higher powers to solve things - but learn to draw on that power, those teachings to gain insight and strength. We are the ones that have to make a difference in our small corner of the world, even if it is only a step at a time or slow going - you can not give up. Too many are counting on the good people and there are many of them – stories abound of courage, great feats of humanity and self-sacrifice down through the ages. It is from those people we should draw our inspiration to be more than we think we are capable of . . . So, take heart, while the world can be a very dark place there are many bright lights along the way to guide you through, and many of them I believe are here. . .

If you have never read "The Prophet" by Kahlil Gibran - I recommend it. It is in a way my bible and guide. It soothes me whenever I feel overwhelmed by inhumanities - wherever they may be, and whenever they occur.

zoro
Beautiful Soul

Post by zoro » January 12, 2008, 6:22 am

Dear one_chance_only,

Welcome to IP .There is a beautiful hymn
''Lead, Kindly Light'' by John Heny Newman. Please read on and see if it answers...

Lead, Kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom,
Lead thou me on;
The night is dark and far from home;
Lead thou me on;

Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene ; one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor prayed that thou
should lead me on;
I loved to chose and see my path; but now
Lead thou me on.

I loved the garish day, and , spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will: remember not past years.

So long thy power hath me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone ,
And with the morn those angel faces smile
Which I loved long since , and lost awhile.
-John Henry Newman

Please think about this quote as well,
I canot concieve how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God
- Abraham Lincoln

zoro- embracing peace luv

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » January 12, 2008, 7:12 am

I have never read that before- - it is truly beautiful . . .
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting."

one_chance_only
Fellow Traveler

Post by one_chance_only » January 12, 2008, 1:40 pm

Thanks for each comment and you're time to reply i really do appreciate it. I think that poem was wonderful and will linger in my memory for a long time. :)
Peace.

Irish Heart
Fellow Traveler

Post by Irish Heart » January 13, 2008, 12:44 pm

My Wonderful Friend

Your honesty and openness for one so young shows me that this world will always survive because people like you inhabit it.

All the replys that you have received were also inspiring.

What we have to start asking ourselves is do we want to be right or be happy. If you want to be right then you will always find others to make wrong, if you want to be happy then you need to forgive! To forgive means you have let go of the past if you have not let go then you will know that you have not forgiven. People made choices at that time in the history of the world and now you and all of us need to make choices as long as I have a fight going on with someone or something there will never be peace in this world. It is time to give up the fight, and the biggest fight we have going on is the fight with God, all the times we think 'how could a loving God let such things happen' means I could have done better.

I want to live in a world where there are more people like you who ask the difficult questions of themselves and come up with the answer that states let me be the change that this world needs, give others the freedom to ask the questions like you have and you will never lose your faith indeed all you will do is find growth in your faith.

Remember that it is the questions that are important not the answers. We have not come to this world to learn anything but to remember.

Love and Light

Irish Heart

Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul

Post by Hawkeye » January 13, 2008, 9:32 pm

Often I find it necessary to back up and put these things in true perspective.

For instance:

Of all the people on earth, how many are actively involved in raping, robbing, killing their neighbors?

And how many are just trying to live their lives, feed their kids, explore their talents, learn, love, have a home, and grow?

Of the first, sure, there are tens of millions.

Of the second, though, there are hundreds of millions; multiple billions, in fact.

Those who wish to do violence and plunder are an abberation.

We should be aware and wise about them in the same way we are aware and wise about scorpions and spiders -- sure, they can be dangerous, but to focus on them too much is to exaggerate their importance.

Viktor Frankl was a holocaust survivor, yet found beauty even amidst the concentration camps.

Frankl, in his book Man's Search For Meaning, said:

"Everything can be taken from a man but the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way. ..."

Carry that with you, and it will take you far.

It's carried me pretty far since I first read it 20 years ago 8<}

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » January 14, 2008, 5:02 pm

Love your post Hawkeye... perspective is most important... without it people get lost in swamping details and cannot see the truth rising from a firm foundation.

Love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >