Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

About Love

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » February 13, 2007, 9:59 pm

Proverbs 19: 22 What a person desires is unfailing love;
better to be poor than a liar.
I think upon this proverb often. What every person desires, longs for, is so hungry to take in.... is authentic love. I sought my own soul's famished ache ten years ago and keep finding great understanding of my own ability and inability concerning love. Love's reception can often be detoured by blockages we carry from our childhood. Most of it unintentional by those around us and by the little ones we used to be. I was quite surprised as I took time to listen to myself just what some of the beliefs I used to hold were. It has definitely made me more understanding as I communicate with others!
"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek & find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
~ Rumi.
Do you know the saying... you cannot love a person and judge them at the same time? If it is up to me to seek and find all the barriers I have built within my self that sabotage my love receptors... then it is equally up to me to seek and find all the barriers I have built up within myself that sabotage others from feeling loved by me also.
Javan said: "Fate determines who comes into our lives
Our attitude and actions determine who stays in our lives."
"When we focus on clarifying what is being observed, felt, and needed rather than on diagnosing and judging, we discover the depth of our own compassion."
- Marshall B. Rosenberg
And I love this old Arabian proverb
" A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart,
chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands
will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping
and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away."
So often it is "editing" that is the essential key to love that does not fail. Honesty and tactfulness do go hand in hand... so one can touch another heart to heart!
"It is important to our friends to believe that we are unreservedly frank with them, and important to friendship that we are not."
Mignon McLaughlin
As you reach Up and In and Out with the Love that you receive, cultivate and then ELABORATLY give away… may you be blessed in so many surprising ways at the healing nutrients of LOVE!!!
Real fearlessness is the product of tenderness.
It comes from letting the world tickle your heart,
your raw and beautiful heart.
You are willing to open up,
without resistance or shyness,
and face the world.
You are willing to share your heart with others.
Chogyam Trungpa
Love Lion~*ShareCareMakeLoveAwarePaw luv
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by dance of joy » February 15, 2007, 5:18 am

The final quote you have offered is one of my favourites.

Love,

Christine
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

m1le-st0nes
Good Friend

Post by m1le-st0nes » February 16, 2007, 5:15 pm

i've found that i've never had a problem with loving others. I've only ever had a problem with letting them love me.

i havent yet found the barriers that sabotage my love. But i have found the problem and apparently "every journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

love for all your life.
thank you
Rest well
Sleep tight
and You'll wake up
full of joy and light

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » February 16, 2007, 6:25 pm

What wisdom you share with us dear Lionhearted Lady,

With love to you,

Maithri
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

dawn
Good Friend

Post by dawn » February 17, 2007, 8:42 am

Thank you so much lion~* for shareing your love and knowledge. We here, are blessed by you.
Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. -Helen Keller

Don
Good Friend

Post by Don » February 17, 2007, 9:36 am

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek & find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
~ Rumi.

Oh dear Lion~* the subject of Love how complex yet so simple and fragile. To open your heart and find Love is to find God. The quote by Rumi could not have stated it more simply, remove the barriers and Love/ God will be yours. All we have to do is knock on the door.
Thank you Lion~*knowslovePaw.

Don

Post Reply < PreviousNext >