Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Have we lived enough to let go?

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Pollie
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Pollie » February 4, 2008, 7:06 pm

Over the last few weeks it was discovered that I have ovarian cancer. The surgery went well but the survival rate for this type of cancer in the later stages are not great. My family and my friends are horrified. I am ok. Whatever the outcome may be, I have had a great 23 past years. I am 45 and most of you know that we just adopted a little guy. I have not seen my girls walk down the isle, nor my sons graduate. But I have watched them grow into beautiful people and know they will be fine. I have a fantastic husband of first and foremost God to carry me through it all. But honesty, life has been good. My question is:

Have we lived enough to let go when the time comes?

My answer is yes. I have done the things I wanted to do, seen the things I wanted to see, and said the things I needed to say.
Its not having what you want, it wanting what you have...Sheryl Crow
That doesnt mean I am giving up, or giving in just happy for what time is yet to come be it 6 month or 60 years.

So if you haven't lived life to the fullest don't wait too long to start.

God bless all of you, your in my prayers

Love Pollie

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » February 5, 2008, 12:13 am

God bless you Pollie.... I know the road ahead will be challenging - to say the least - but the courage and love you've come to be known for will take you far and protect you.

A couple years ago one of my best friends was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I've watched her cell counts go up and down and up again and through it all she manages to smile and pray and love. Some people might say she's not well because of her medical condition... but I told her just yesterday, I've never seen her so 'well', so 'alive' and so 'beautiful.'

Wishing you and your family all the strength and love you'll need. ;)

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » February 5, 2008, 2:50 am

God bless you Pollie,

With wings of light, with the dew of tenderness,

with love that encircles,
embraces,
enfolds you,

that reminds you of

your power,

Your soul's Immortality.

May you and all those you love be blessed with strength for the road, hope for whats possible and deep peace in the knowledge that love is invincible... love is what lasts forever.

Sending you all my love, Maithri
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Naturelover
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Naturelover » February 5, 2008, 3:09 am

Dear Pollie,

I also pray with and for you. On Nov 29, 2005, the docs told my heart to get his affairs in order, the end was very near. As I write this note, he is sleeping nearby. Yes, he is much weaker now, and yes I think his time is near - but for the past two years, he and I have lived every day with love, friendship, and as much joy as could be squeezed from every moment.

We did not give up or give in, we only try to share our hopes, dreams, and love with those around us. The beautiful song, "It Is Well" has become our mantra.

I wish you Joy, Pollie. I pray that you and your family will spend all of your time building memories that can be soft and comforting. Your little guy will have lots of time with you, as long as your time is spent with love.

Many Blessings, naturelover

Hollyberry
Beautiful Soul

Post by Hollyberry » February 5, 2008, 6:45 am

Pollie,
What a beautiful brave person you are! Thank you for sharing your insight and wisdom. My dad once said "we are dying everyday." That really made me think. It's all perspecitve. We honestly don't know how long we have, do we? All we can do is live each and every minute with love and kindness. You already know this. I wish you buckets of love and kindness all around you and your loved ones.

I love this quote.
"Always know in your heart that you are far bigger than anything that can happen to you you. " Very wise words.

Peace and love to you,

Holly
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."

~Willa Cather

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » February 5, 2008, 9:58 pm

Dear (((Pollie))),

God bless you too luv

...and I hope you feel comforted in knowing that you are surrounded by many near and far who care deeply about you and wish you well...

...Your positive attitude, bravery, wisdom and beauty shine thru in your words and its truly inspiring...

(((((((((Big teddy bear hugs)))))))))

love & blessings
ladybird luv

...live each and every moment to the fullest!
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 6, 2008, 4:03 am

Wow Pollie you are in inspriation! :p

Thank you for sharing that and for posing your very incisive and important question;
Have we lived enough to let go?

Have I lived enough to let go??

Not yet - but thanks to you I am reminded to savour every moment.

luv luv luv luv

Mammy x x x

LadySolaris
Beloved Pest

Post by LadySolaris » February 6, 2008, 2:56 pm

Dear Pollie,
Courage and Light to you. God is, and will be, with you always. Giving up is not an option - never should be. I was touched by your words and your outlook on life. I wish you all the best and send you all the energy I have. You ask if we lived enough to let go when the time comes - My own answer is Yes. Absolutely. Ever since the knowledge that my life may come to an end abruptly, I have been grateful for living every day as it is meant to be: with God's help, being given the strength, courage, and determination to live every minute to the fullest. I cannot help but smile in face of adversity, it is but another opportunity to appreciate all that we have been given and, most importantly, can give. By all earthly accounts I should not be here, yet I am, I have been and continue to be for as long as God's twinkle is in my eyes. ;)
Do something wonderful, people may imitate it. - Albert Schweitzer

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » February 7, 2008, 11:51 am

Dear (((Pollie))) Indeed God will embrace you through all that is... as will so many seen and unseen witnesses to your abundant life! You share so much hope in all your posts ... encouraging the dismantaling of all that hinders the working of love in life. You are a powerful voice and I hope ears are well atuned to all you have to give... and may you receive back abundance of graces to empower you!

Your question is so important... Have we lived enough to let go when the time comes? This deserves an answer from more than our very own voice...

I have said " Till we meet again"... to many dear souls. I believe that when you live for love... love that surpasses the surface niceties of life and dives deep into the core of who we are... when we hold no barriers up to block out the love we deserve as divine beings ...lavishly love by giving and receiving truths that each soul hungers for....love finally becomes enough when we are fully ourselves unhindered by all bonds that life attempts to hold us by.

Lady Solaris picked a very apt quote...Do something wonderful, people may imitate it. - Albert Schweitzer

Courage to live life wildly open, honest and full ... provokes others to do the same. Example is proven trustworthy! Suddenly it is possible to stare both Life and Death in the face and laugh out loud because you know you have won the greatest prize... Enough LOVE! Then both the one transitioning over to spirit... and the ones lovng them through... can let go... knowing that Love cannot ever die.... I believe that there will be a time and place to once again fully embrace one another!

Until then... we continue day by day... blessed in who we are and who we are to one another...the image of the very Love that bestowed love and life.

You have strength and courage, I pray for a daily refreshing for you (((Pollie and Lady Solaris))))) ... indeed... as long as God's twinkle is in your eyes... and until you see it fully in His.

Loving You Through, Lion~*
luv luv
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » February 10, 2008, 9:36 am

To all of you my extended family,

Thank you so much for all of your inspirations. You have touched my heart in ways that cannot be expressed in words. You all collectively are the true power of love, and how we work to encourage and share with one another unconditionally is magnificant. Friendships like these are very rare and again I am blessed to have happened across this wonderful place of love and kindness. I know that you will be with my on my journey, as I will be with each and every one of you as you travel through your lives.
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard (1813 - 1855)
((((((((((((My love and prayers to all of you.))))))))))))))))))
Pollie

Post Reply < PreviousNext >