Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

On Saying "Good-bye"

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Naturelover
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Naturelover » February 7, 2008, 2:05 am

A friend stopped by for a visit last week that has left me pondering. She said that she didn't think she could do what I am doing - sharing the "death dance". She thinks it would be better for her if her mate just goes suddenly, without warning, so that she wouldn't have to say good-bye.

Is it hard - saying "good-bye"? Sure, it is hard, but I think that the chance to finish old conversations, the opportunity to experience each new sunrise and sunset as if it might be the last, is a blessing.

Many have passed through our doors in the last few months, after it became public that my love is "running out of time" I have begun to despise that expression - "running out of time". He is not running out, time is. We have chosen to use time as our friend. We spend many moments quietly together, just sharing heartbeats and hands. We welcome friends and family to share these moments with us, then spend time giving them comfort, because so many are grieving now.

Death is not a disgrace, it is the consequence of life. A life lived well should always be celebrated, not mourned. The chance for a long good-bye is an experience not for the faint-of-heart.

While you can never un-do or un-say thoughtless acts or words, this long good-bye has given many time to touch and be touched by the biggest, sweetest teddy bear in my world. We still live each moment as it comes, we still have time for friends and family, and we still continue to love.

Teddy bear hugs, naturelover

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » February 7, 2008, 9:24 am

Dear (((((NatureLover))))) enfolding you in warmth from my soul to yours!
Death is not a disgrace, it is the consequence of life. A life lived well should always be celebrated, not mourned. The chance for a long good-bye is an experience not for the faint-of-heart.

I know whereof you speak. I know the frustration of people taking out their emotional shovels and digging deep holes that are loveless and faithless... instead of embracing life and living it fully while loving unconditionally... surrounding one another in safety, joy, comfort of deep truthful conversation, laughter, tears... unconditional loving... unhindered verbal intimacy... unbound giving and receiving!

There is no limit to loving another person. Though far too many people live limited lives. It is always encouraging to hear from you NaturLover... you give me strength within my soul and a deep kindred knowing that I needed to receive this morning. Loving my beloved friends and soul mate through to being safe and sound is an honor I would not ever relinquish!

Every moment holds blessing when we let go of attempts to control life.... and actually live it with a deepening awareness and wakefullness of what our souls need... to be embraces together in the honest loyalty of truly loving one another in unconditional love... love that does not demand a thing... but gives and receives everything needed without limits, hesitation or loss.

Fact is... I had never known such depths of love as I do now and it astounds and fills me with real awakening and purpose... People do tend to push far away from * death's dance*... I do not step back from it... it would mean losing out on the greatest blessing of all... to love and be loved. There is no greater fulfillment... none.

I am glad you and your TeddyBear embraced * It Is Well* ... it truly is! There is a song that fills me and I share it with you this day (((NatureLover)))) feel the love of a friend encircling you with strength and faith as I pray each of us through this day... listen -->Safe and Sound ;b

Love Lion~*EmbracingLoveFullyPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Trebissky
Good Friend

Post by Trebissky » February 11, 2008, 9:47 am

"All of us start breathing, and all of us stop. What's important is what we do in between the first one and the last one. Not how many there were."
~ Jiri Trebissky
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS
"The mind and the sword are one.
If the mind is right, the sword is right."

Naturelover
Good Friend

Post by Naturelover » February 24, 2008, 5:58 pm

Thank you all, for your kind words and thoughts, and prayers. I only just listened, as Lion asked, to Sheryl Crowe's "safe and sound" Speechless is the best description.

Teddy Bear hugs, Naturelover

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 1, 2008, 1:35 am

You are very much loved ((((Naturelover))))))
Thank you so very much for sharing your photo of you and Gary! Bless you 'Darlin" ;)

Love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >