Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

You can make one contribution to the world, what will it be?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 16, 2008, 12:40 am

You have just been awarded unlimited funds to make one contribution to the world. What will it be?

Think about this one... you never know when the opportunity might arrive! ;)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 19, 2008, 12:22 pm

Dear Ron, I have thought about your question for several days... and the answer is always the same.

I could have unlimited $, vast resources of food, a bounty of diplomas and knowledge beyond genius!

Yet already I have the most important unlimited reserve to contribute to this world. No one can deplete it from me, no one can constrain my determination to be true, honest, determined love!

Might sound trite to some... but truly... what greater resource could I contain, bestow, plant and harvest but Love? It heals, feeds - both physically, emotionally and spiritually, enlivens, restores, fills with wisdom, truth ... Love is the source producing prosperous lives.

The revolution of my heart enables me to live and not simply exist. Loving... true unabridged love is the most boundless commodity any soul possesses. To possess others by its unlimited bounty... what greater contribution could anyone ever bequeath fellow souls?

I am hungry... I have tapped into restoring love and I cannot and will not stop being a glutton and invitations are being added constantly to the banquet. I see no end while air fills my lungs and breathes out again... and even thereafter ... love's legacy will keep inhale and exhale...

Love Lion~*PassionatelyPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » March 19, 2008, 4:31 pm

Wow - I read this the other day and was overwhelmed by the question. I guess I'd never have made a good beauty queen candidate :( And other obvious reasons like wrong gender :^

Like Lion, I've really had to contemplate this one and I think that I'd give the world whatever means it needed for growing and supplying food and agricultural products.
I picked this because I believe it could have a very major impact on peace and continuity of relationships all over the world. When people are provided a means to take care of themselves and their loved ones and their basic needs are met, they are more content and without need.
We take food and water pretty much for granted here in the USA, but all across a good portion of Africa and the Middle East, people starve to death every day. Mostly, this is children, and I really would like to see it all stop.
There are many other things I'd like to see done too that then would further enhance the world, like education, which I hope would lead to equality, and then a world without borders. But, I think it has to start with providing everyone with their basic needs.
Love & Blessings,

Morning Bear
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Kasha
Fellow Traveler

Post by Kasha » March 20, 2008, 5:59 pm

I too have spent DAYS pondering such a thought. ???
I have come up with many ideas, but consequences of those changes have lead to changes in my thinking.
Today while talking to a friend on line, discussing the question I have come to what I would like to change.

I would like to see how and what children are taught to be changed to be along the lines of what the people of Inspiration peak believe in.

Instead of studing "Wuthering Heights" as an example, perhaps "The power of NOW" or "Change your thoughts, change your life" should become standard reading.

Children could discuss their future in a positve way, one that shows respect, love and hope for each other and shows a future for this planet.
With love and respect we would stop destroying and taking for granted all we have in this world.
Can you imagine writing an exam paper on "What the Bleep do we know?" (fantastic movie) ... I bet I would have passed that course with flying colours, and I would have paid attention, - unlike trying to remember the names of the Gods in Classical Studies, or trigonometry formulas...... I have not used either subject in the best part of 25 years!

There is a place for history, and other subjects, but if we can change children, they will become the future of this world.
The shift we feel today will become 'normal' for them in years to come.

Have to admit, I have not thought so much about a question in ages. Thank you for making me dig deep to find an answer.

Love to all
Kasha
luv

zoro
Beautiful Soul

Post by zoro » March 21, 2008, 5:10 am

I want to start and run a educational-vocational-health centre.
zoro- luv luv

drwale
Fellow Traveler

Post by drwale » March 22, 2008, 8:09 am

The question is really a thoughtful one.
But like several other users, the fund is nothing if i cant love, smile, make other comfortable when they are around me.

I will only love my neighbors the more. With or without the unlimeted dollar, i believe with my smile, i am healing the world.
:)
ADEWALE PAUL

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » March 26, 2008, 6:08 am

Great question my friend,

I like all the answers...

The beauty of this question is that it starts people thinking about what they would do...

Now let me ask another...

What if you could change the world with the limited funds you already have?

Go here and you'll understand what I mean...

http://www.oxfamamericaunwrapped.com/

Peace and love, M
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 31, 2008, 12:41 am

It is a tough question isn't it? (Why do you think I let everybody else go first! :) )

I totally love the answers though and really appreciate your honesty and thoughtfulness.

I especially appreciate Morning Bear's observation... that there is a hierarchy of human needs and until we meet the most basic of these, namely hunger and thirst, we won't be able to get very far in any other endeavor. Because of this, I think I'll take several billion dollars and invest in cooperative nutrition centers/community gardens where anyone in need can receive food for their families or sit down to a healthy and delicious meal.

The next order of business will be to work with local governments to build self-sustaining medical clinics where anyone, regardless of income, can receive necessary medical care.

While this is happening, we will enlist the local communities to help us build schools and libraries where all children can learn and play in a safe and healthy environment. (It's important I believe to have this be a community project as it will be a source of great local pride.)

As our friend Kasha suggested, the curriculum will include more than math and science... we will also teach the children to dream and achieve great things.

With the money I have left over, I will start building community 'learn and play' centers in the heart of every village and neighborhood where young and old alike can talk and play and interact with one another. There will be gyms and classrooms and stages and play areas where people can teach and learn and, most importantly, get away from their televisions and start having fun with one another. (Similar, I think to what Zoro has in mind.)

But until these unlimited funds are safely deposited into my bank account, I will take the wonderful advice of dear Lion~*, Maithri and DrWale... I will love to the best of my ability and do whatever I can with whatever I have. ;)

Thank you to everyone for your very thought-provoking answers!!

glitter
Good Friend

Post by glitter » April 8, 2008, 4:52 am

If I had looked at this question a week ago, I probably would have had a very different response. I just spent a few days in Italy with one of my classes and was shocked to see all of the people in the streets begging for money. I might just be really sheltered, but I had never seen anything like that before and it broke my heart. If I had unlimited resources, I would find a way to eliminate poverty. It's so sad to see the same people begging in the streets in the same places day after day, especially the people with obvious health problems. Why doesn't anybody help them instead of just looking down on them? Isn't there anything we can do?

travish
Good Friend

Post by travish » April 19, 2008, 4:54 pm

I've also been thinking about this for a while. My chosen profession is in the teaching field and so this question always turns my mind to education.
With unlimited funds, I would spend my life creating a worldwide education system not funded by a government, where teachers had only one responsibility...to inspire our children to greatness. I feel that too much of our kids' time is spent doing homework and being prepared for standardized tests. If we could instead teach our children to be fascinated with the world and to do all they can to make the world a better place to live.
Lack of education is a huge problem in many parts of the world. I would also use the funds to allow people in third-world countries to not worry about making money and go to school. More education would raise the quality of life in the whole world. It would also help us to be involved with other peoples and to better our understanding.
Help me inspire the world. Visit my blog at:
http://thehumanpotentialproject.blogspot.com/

Post Reply < PreviousNext >