Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Have you ever taken a 'leap of faith'?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 31, 2008, 12:47 am

Have you ever taken a 'leap of faith' not knowing where your strength would come from or what the outcome would be? If so, can you tell us about it?

(Perhaps you've taken many leaps of faith... if this is the case, tell us about one that stands out in your mind. ;-)

Naturelover
Good Friend

Post by Naturelover » March 31, 2008, 2:40 am

Great question, Ron. I have to say the biggest "Leap" I ever took was in 1992, when my sweet G and I decided to leave the safety and comfort of our families to begin life all over again in Louisiana. I went from being a busy school teacher to running a marina and bar.

There were some set backs as we each learned the business, and some sadness for the lives we left behind. The was also great excitement over learning new skills, making new friends, and becoming a part of the bayou life.

The challenges of a different way of life were great, but we relied on each other and felt at home in this world. If I could turn back time, I would still do it all again.

LadySolaris
Beloved Pest

Post by LadySolaris » March 31, 2008, 11:24 pm

I can tell you I have been "leaping" several times in my life. You ask for the one that stands out most. I think I took the biggest leap when I decided not to believe in the limitations of medicine. By all accounts I should not be here today. Over the years I have been asked - and asked myself - to take numerous leaps of faith. Each new leap seems to span a larger gap, so to speak. I never hesitate to leap time and again, sometimes from puzzlement into certainty, from despair into happiness, from nothing into everything, from yesterday into tomorrow. I know that it has done wonders for my heart, body, and soul. Possibly one of the most challenging leaps I took was jumping two-footed over the raging waters of emotions to reach the shore of unconditional love. Whatever leap may be next, I look forward to it. Should I not bridge the gap, I know that I will not fall, but instead be carried to the next spiritual level - where I will immediately start leaping again, smiling.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » April 1, 2008, 12:22 am

I have been bungee jumping till I near lost all my senses with being flung back and forth over a very deep canyon of life… so I decided to cut the emotional rope… and went * hurling* through time and space… traveling at breakneck speed through past and present ( the residual effects of the bungee!!!) and ended up landing somewhere I never thought I would be… on the other side of hiddenness.

It takes a leap of faith to become known. I mean really known to the core of your being. To trust someone so much that you do not retain barriers that shadow and obscure who you are. To step forward in complete security and speak, feel and live unhindered. To be loved unconditionally beyond what you ever imagined unconditional to mean. I feel alive and not just existing. I am radiant with life and love leaven’s my heart to lofty measure.

There is some who are perplexed at how boldly I step to my own heartbeat. While others gladly applaud in deep admiration for the complex simplicity that makes me who I am.

Me… I keep walking further and further away from that bungee gorge with a smile that does not dissipate . :D

Love Lion~*RopeCutterExtravaganzaPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

unicorn
Fellow Traveler

Post by unicorn » April 1, 2008, 10:10 am

I haven`t run the maraton, but one morning i felt that, a thought of a day at work would feel like a maraton.

I was so out of fuel this morning so I prayed to God that he would help me to find love anywere to have something to give to my clients at work.
The day was the best and funniest day at this work. I felt blessed. Evrybody I met had only amazing, happy things to show or tell me.
All I had to do that day was to sit and listen to their joy and rejoy with them.

Not my way but your way Lord luv

catchasunset
Good Friend

Post by catchasunset » April 3, 2008, 1:07 pm

My leap of faith took place over a 6 year span. I never thought I would get through it but somehow you always do. You dig deep within you to find all the strenghth you have and just make it through it.

When my daughter was 8 months old she became very ill. At the time my mother in law and my Dad were diagnosed with cancer.
Not only was I to support my husband through the illness of his mother I was to care for a sick daughter and take care of my dad.

After my daughter was released from the hospital my step father in law passed away unexpectantly. Now my mother in law was by her self. Battling cancer on her own. My dad was taking radiation treatments and my daughter was still sick.

With in the year my daughter was doing better but we lost my mother in law. My dad needed my help more and for 6 years I did what ever I could to help him.

My leap of faith came when he got sick. I loved my dad and had great respect for him but I didn't really like the guy.
After pulling all my strength together to care for him I learned to love him for who he really was. I learned to forgive and forget the past. I am thankful I had that time with him. I had learned alot from him in the last 6 years of his life.

Two years after the death of my dad my little brother passed from a heart attack.

Sometimes I think I took a leap of Faith and other days I think I lost my Faith. Today I am doing well. It is now in the past.

catchasunset
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

~Luciano de Crescenzo~

Fabulous Future
Good Friend

Post by Fabulous Future » February 28, 2009, 3:31 am

Wow - I think that is amazing . am dealing with caring for my Mom who is blind, alzheimers, diabetic etc. Most days are wonderful
-sometimes it is difficult. A I guess my leap of faith is that it will all turn out alright. The past ten years have flown by. Once that time is spent - it is finished and done and it doesn't feel like ten years. It is the looking forward to the future unknown time caring for Mom and fulfilling my own dreams of a loving partner, cottage by the sea, and dreams of plenty of money to help everyone.
Life is hard by the yard
Life is a cinch by the inch
by my Dad

Be Glad of Life
because it gives you
the chance to love
and to work and to play
and to look up to the stars
by Henry Van Dyke

DeMechele
Good Friend

Post by DeMechele » September 9, 2009, 11:35 am

I recently took a leap and moved from another state where things were bottlenecked and choking. Now I breathe free, happily enjoying the open space. Have full time employment, met a fellow, who gives me full time "enjoyment", and wrote a book, in itself being a big leap to get it published. Going in the right direction, those little steps can stretch into leaps of faith.
Dnise

Fabulous Future
Good Friend

Post by Fabulous Future » September 9, 2009, 1:01 pm

Hello I haven't visited for a while. Mom has had a rough spell and required two people to care for her and in that time we put her name on the list for a Nursing Home. I have a Leap of Faith that the nursing home won't turn up a bed until it is the :"right time" for Mom to go there ( as she has recouped and is doing better after a month) I am having another leap of faith that I am doing the right thing for her and I . Still another leap of faith as to what my life will look like as it will mean ,loss of mom daily, getting a new place to live and getting a new job, and still visiting Mom at the Nursing home. I am visualizing the beach in Hawaii visiting a dear friend and finding a wonderful partner and a wonderful home and a wonderful job. check out my new venture www.cafepress.ca/Whittaker
Life is hard by the yard
Life is a cinch by the inch
by my Dad

Be Glad of Life
because it gives you
the chance to love
and to work and to play
and to look up to the stars
by Henry Van Dyke

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » September 17, 2009, 12:43 am

after graduating from college, i was confused about my future. the path of life i wanted to choose was different to my parents' hope. it happened for about a year.

and then there was one occasion, some words from a priest on a sunday mass hit my heart and really opened my eyes. it didn't change my situations or anything, but it changed the way i see my problems. a year which i thought was the worst time of my life, suddenly looked like the best time of my life. since then, i become more open minded. i let go of my dream, trying to set another which are good for everyone.

but really, God is good. He gives it back to me, the dream that i let go earlier, in a much better way. What I thought was impossible, isn't impossible anymore.

it doesn't matter what problems or situations you are having, it's the way you see things that decides how your life would be. and sometimes, if we hold on something so tight, it will go away from us. but if we have the compliance to let it go, they will come back to us, in a way we never thought before :)

Love,
melia

Post Reply < PreviousNext >