Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Who do you miss the most?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » April 27, 2008, 3:47 pm

Who do you miss most in your life right now - and what about them do you miss?

If you're like me, you miss a lot of people, but for this question just pick the one who pops into your mind first.
Last edited by Ron Atchison on June 9, 2008, 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » April 28, 2008, 4:09 am

I miss the wonderful deep conversations I used to have with my dear friend Des who is now in the final stages of Alzheimers :( .

But... when I sit with him in silence, the essence of him is still very much alive :) and I can feel us laughing :)

Mammy x x x

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » April 28, 2008, 8:26 am

I miss my paternal grandfather - we spent hours together fishing like kids (well, I was a kid). He was artistic and loved music, and had a wild side that eminated over to me. He wasn't perfect, but I thought he was a perfect grandfather. Mouth full of aromatic pipe tobacco, or a cigar; a beer maybe or better yet a cold root beer, a zest for all the wonderful adventures of hunting and fishing and spending time with just me.
I know he was wise, but he never shared much verbally; and if he was here now, I'd ask him about all the things I need help with.
He never preached about right and wrong, he never failed to smile when I walked in the room - God I wish he was here now.

Morning Bear
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

unicorn
Fellow Traveler

Post by unicorn » May 1, 2008, 5:05 am

I miss my inspirational me who just waits for me to take me out to play. She is so patient and kind, just silently waiting for me to sit down and listen what fun she has to say.
- I am sorry for keeping me waiting but now lets recover together in harmony with Gods will.
- Love you too :)

And thank you Ron for this question, it was the last puzzle i needed to
really have faith that I am not climbing this mountain alone and that the timing is totally right.

God Is GREAT :)

kariboo9459
Fellow Traveler

Post by kariboo9459 » May 1, 2008, 7:58 am

the person I miss the most is my Dad. He died January 12th of this year. He was a most amazing man and I never thought there would be a day that he wasn't there. I am thankful for the 81 years of his life! Dad was such a loving caring and compassionate person - but the thing that I miss most is his humor. I still hear all my favorite 'dad-isms' in my head - my favorite "Well, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! Just the thought of him makes me smile! :) I miss him terribly and love him so much!
There is something you must always remember: you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...

Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul

Post by Luckintheshadows » May 1, 2008, 9:11 am

I miss my dad....reason? every reason under the sun...I just miss him....
That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria! - Calvin and Hobbs

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » May 2, 2008, 1:24 am

I would have to say that the first person that comes to mind is my daughter. Although she is not deceased I don't see near enough. She thinks she is all grown up now and nearly is. She has a life of her own but often my heart aches for her. Though my cancer has seemed to touch her and she comes by a bit more often and almost always returns or answers my calls, where before I had not gotten that. I do miss her so. I look forward to her having children as I know daughters always come home then. :p

Pollie

tsbrownstone
Good Friend

Post by tsbrownstone » May 2, 2008, 5:03 am

the dreamer, the artist, the writer, the explorer ...
somewhere within there is a room this person resides,
but i just can't locate the room (or the key)
i've let too much of 'the world that surrounds me', my own world, hide some of me away
i'm hoping, wishing, praying that i can find the room (and the key) and release these parts that have been missing for far too long.

romeo123
Fellow Traveler

Post by romeo123 » May 2, 2008, 8:45 am

I miss my husband who passed 7 years ago. Never was a man who was always willing to help others, never a mean word about others. who took care of his mother and his family like they were the most important thing in his life. I miss not being able to be who I really am. Since his death, I have had to change for fear that I would lose friends if I was really myself. He would just laugh and I knew that no matter what I did or said, he would be there unconditionally. I miss his smile, and they say someone always comes into your life for a reason. And I believe that his reason was to show me unconditional love.....

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » May 2, 2008, 5:14 pm

Dear Romeo... We should never change ourselves *for sake* of fear in losing others. It is much MORE fearful to lose your own self. To *forsake* of yourself... from what you say, your dh would not have desired that to happen... forsake the fear dear one... too bad what others think or perceive... loving yourself as you have been loved... to be yourself... honor the love presence of your beloved who dwells richly in your soul... remember... just be.. and the missing may be much less. Be true to his unconditional love... just be who YOU are. Nothing else matters.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >