Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Who do you miss the most?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » May 6, 2008, 11:29 pm

I miss my good friend Errol Sherry. I met him when I was a young flight attendant based in Boston in the early '90s and we became instant friends. He was from Nottingham, England and one of the funniest, most loving individuals I've ever known. It was impossible to be unhappy around this guy because he could always find a way to make me laugh. (Especially when he was mad at me for something! ;-)

Errol passed away about eight years ago and I still think of him all the time. Sometimes I'll see a bird looking into my apartment window and wonder if it might be Errol just checking in to see how I'm doing. I'm pretty confident I'll see him again when I cross over to the other side... but it sure would be nice to have him back here.

catchasunset
Good Friend

Post by catchasunset » May 8, 2008, 10:54 am

I have thought about this question for sometime now. I have been told on occasion that I tend to live in the past. It was hard for me to pick one person I miss most as I have lost four family members already and I am not that old. But at this very moment I would have to say that it is my youngest brother I miss most. He lived in San Franciso and taught English as a second language. I visited him one summer and he took me to see the ocean for the first time.
We went to Baker Beach and when I came around the corner and saw the ocean for the first time I jumped up and down, laughed, screamed and cried. It was so beautiful. I told him that I thought there was a reason we were there together and now I know it was so I could have the gift of the memories to help me survive without him.

He was the kindest person I have ever known. He had a lot of friends. He always knew what to say to the person he was with at the moment and soley concentrated on that person.

He passed away about 3 years ago. He was 38.

I would love to hear his voice again and give him a hug.

catchasunset
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

~Luciano de Crescenzo~

travish
Good Friend

Post by travish » May 13, 2008, 11:22 am

I have to give two people, though they are one in purpose. My two grandmothers were two of the most caring and inspiring people in my life. Both would do anything to make me feel loved and that I was an important person in this world. My maternal grandmother spent her life serving others even though her own husband died very young. She even brought me a box of Washington apples on a two thousand mile plane trip because she knew they were my favorite. My paternal grandmother on the other hand scrimped and saved with my grandfather to be able to give opportunities for service to their grandkids. They saved and made it possible for me to go on a two year service mission. They also taught me the importance of service by giving of their own time every week to hep people perform their genealogy work. From both of these amazing ladies, I learned the importance of family and of being the best person you can be. I miss them dearly but their memories still live on in our families.
Help me inspire the world. Visit my blog at:
http://thehumanpotentialproject.blogspot.com/

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » May 17, 2008, 8:24 am

i don't know if it makes sense or not..

JESUS CHRIST

my closest friend when i'm having a hard time.
and when i'm having a good time, every once in a while i realize that i've been too far from Him, and i will miss Him, i will miss the feeling of being so close to Him, like how i used to feel when i was down and He was always there with me during that hard time

rizzz
Fellow Traveler

Post by rizzz » May 19, 2008, 2:55 am

the very person that i was running from is the one i miss the most in my life...i was so scared to take risks then and so afraid to be rejected so i run in order not to get hurt ... but running scared only hurt me so poignantly and it was too late...i have not known myself back then, that's why...through the years i have been a willing learner of life's lessons and i did!

And one day God smiled on me...He gave me a chance to undo things and to start again ... and this time, with courage in my heart and faith in God...

he has been my inspiration (his wit.. his silence..his smile..those eyes)and will stay that way though i don't know when.

he is a gift and great blessing in my life.

in silence i ask God to protect and guide his heart and soul!!

kena_quote
Beautiful Soul

Post by kena_quote » June 2, 2008, 1:36 am

I miss my baby pet named Blink, he's a poodle-terrier. I miss our plays and I miss cuddling him...It's been two months since the last time I saw him. I left home, my family, and friends to pursue my job, and this is the price I have to pay for choosing a career path that is quite far from my home...

arrabelle
Good Friend

Post by arrabelle » June 6, 2008, 8:12 am

I miss my Lolo (that's how we call our grandfather in Filipino).. He was the one who took care of me since I was just a baby. My mom and dad separated when I was just 9 months old and since then my Lolo Rafael became my parent.. I grew up hearing his stories about his days as a soldier, and we would always watch our favorite basketball team and billiard games on TV. His an amazing cook and a very loving father. He died 3 years ago because of lung cancer.And I really miss him.. His unconditional love became my light while growing up. He's my angel and I know that he's in a nicer and more peaceful place with the Lord now.. I love him so much..
....hugs from the Philippines....

GypsyButterfly
Good Friend

Post by GypsyButterfly » August 6, 2014, 9:49 pm

My cousin. She passed on eight years ago at 30. Though I was seven years older than her, we were both onlies & quite close. I love & miss her.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans--John Lennon

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » August 9, 2014, 5:55 am

Ron,
I miss my great-aunt "Milly" (real name Mildred B. Hannan) the most. She was quite the character. Even though she was not much for games (or so she said) I taught her how to play "Monopoly" (not an easy game to learn) and we were cracking up over our "Mad Libs" stories (where you fill in a noun, verb, adjective, whatever to help make a funny story). She was an avid letter writer, my sister and I loved to share our recent news with her. During the holidays she would make all kinds of treats, peanut butter and regular fudge, cookies with powder on them, and what she would call "window cookies", fudge with mini-colored marshmallows and coconut on the outside. She lived to be in her nineties and was mentally alert for most of them. (During the last few years, though, she was known for sending gifts meant for my sister and I to our cousins and vice-versa.) She walked about a mile most of her adult life until she got arthritis in her hands and legs. She has been gone for about 10 years now and I still miss her greatly.
Sincerely,
David Fox
Have a blessed day!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 18, 2014, 9:52 pm

I miss my brother. His smile, his humor and the belonging he made me feel. His life was stolen from him by evil intent long ago and it changed my life vitally. I often wonder what would have been if I had him...his support and courage to call upon. He was my unconditional love as a child. I hear things he said.... see him smiling... just... like ... that.... missing never alleviates ....I have been sculpted in great measure into the woman I am because of grief and love of him. Everything I feel in life, I feel MORE because of losing him.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >