Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What Is Your Heart's Desire?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Look4Hope
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Look4Hope » January 1, 2008, 6:23 am

One would think these three questions would be easy to answer. Depending on one's outlook answers would and could undoubtedly change. So here goes. :D

Three of life's greatest questions are:

1. Where have I been?
I have been high on the expectations of love and low on the expectations of love. I have seen and experienced how brutal man can be at times but I have also seen the kindness in man.

2.Where am I now?
I am at a crossroad in life. Facing several paths that can be taken and praying that God/guardian angel will guide me in making the "right" decision. It is sometimes difficult when those little voices in your head are telling you what you should do and you're wondering just who is giving this advise? The good or the bad one! ;)

3.Where do I want to go?
I love animals and would like to be able to do more in saving same. I have fostered and rescued on my own and have had the joy of finding great homes for these neglected and over looked creatures. Some would say there are more important things going on in the world that need attention and I would not argue the point, this is my hearts desire. I would like to learn the secret of that "unconditional love" they have built into them. They are truly The Blessed Ones.

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » January 1, 2008, 7:15 pm

1. Where have I been?
Growing up - still have some to grow - even at 53, but most of the time I feel more in tune with life now - for the past 10 years my own spiritual journey has led me to live more of what love truly is.

2.Where am I now?
At a crossroad of decisions. At a pinnacle of myself that I haven't been at before. Enjoying the love of people I've never met and the love of some very precious people I have met. I'm never quite sure where the path will take me - but if I can make someone see clearer or feel loved or share play and wonderful little moments with children - then my day has been successful.

3.Where do I want to go?
My purpose is always to love, and though it might appear at times that I'm wandering, I know this simple truth; All who wander are not lost and the most wonderful approach for me is to wander where there is no path. Many people lay out a life plan, but that is not me, nor is my nature. I'm not a ladder climber, a yes person, a doormat. I am a leader - I always have been from time before time and I don't lead as you would think of a modern day leader, I lead with how much I can love, because that is what I know.

When you think about your dreams, whether within the next year,five, ten or more...
If you could do what your heart wants to do, what would it be? The list might be short or long, doesn't matter, it is your heart's desire!
My heart's desire is to become an author who touches peoples lives with God's love. If I knew I could not fail at anything I chose to pursue, it would be that.
Everything else in life I need or want has already been given to me.
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Look4Hope
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Look4Hope » January 2, 2008, 3:11 pm

Morning Bear:

I hope you don't mind a traveler meeting you on the path once in awhile. I believe I'd like to walk along with you. Maybe even grow a little myself.

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » January 2, 2008, 7:40 pm

L4H,
Thank you for your kindness, and I don't mind walking with one who wants to walk with me. I feel honored that you would want to, because I'm never sure where the road will go, and there are many here who have much clearer visions to offer and greater ideals than I. Yes, I am here to walk with as you wish and I appreciate your beautiful friendship. Thank you so much.
Morning Bear
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

dewdrops557
Fellow Traveler

Post by dewdrops557 » January 6, 2008, 11:35 pm

What a touching question and yet difficult to answer.

...i long to live where i could laugh freely and dance with joy together with those i hold dear.For 'time' is so precious a 'commodity'in this fast paced life.I seldom have precious moments with those I truly love because busyness of all sorts come in the way and distance make reunions even harder . Yet deep within are precious memories of my mother's comforting embrace, my sister's laughter, my brothers' baritone voices,the kids at home and their lovely noises.
...i yearn for a time and a 'space' where i could 'soar freely' and write and inspire people with my thoughts and find respite in knowing other souls have been touched and revived.
...my heart's desire rolled into one is to live a Godly life where my spirit would find deep peace that only HE can provide and that the world know nothing of.
...my deepest thanks to this forum where my heart's longings touched cords and can freely find voice and sing once again.
"The blue sky of heaven is much larger than the dark clouds".

kree8r
Good Friend

Post by kree8r » January 10, 2008, 9:35 am

Thanks for the good question dear Lion~*,
So many times I think to myself, "If I could do anything I wanted right now, what would it be?" Unfortunately, the answer isn't as easy as one might think. We are so busy "doing" that we cease to "be". Do people really know what brings them joy? I'm not sure that I do.

I am lucky enough to be living a life filled with love and joy, but there are moments of disappointment. I think these moments come when I am not true to myself and my life's purpose. Am I living my dream? Well, only a part of it. In relationships, I think I'm good to go. But as far as my career, I think I've let things slide. I've been working as a graphic designer from home, but know that my real love is writing. Since I moved to South Dakota two years ago to be with the love of my life, I have neglected the very thing that makes my heart sing...writing. I now have a (almost) four month old baby which takes up lots of energy. My goal is to find the energy and the time to begin writing again, and to get some of my work out there where it might touch another heart.

I so believe that if you are following your heart, the rest will fall into place, and so my heart's desire is to write, write, write...and my life will be full and complete.

Much love and many blessings,
M
We shall find peace. We shall hear angels.
We shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.

Anton Pavlovich Chekhov

dewdrops557
Fellow Traveler

Post by dewdrops557 » January 15, 2008, 5:34 pm

hi kree8r!
...its early morn here in my country and i just open my laptop for the inspiration peak daily dose of inspiration and i happend to read your latest post.
...am touched,it seems that my heart's desire also find echo in your longings to write.
i also have a baby (nine months old)very active and takes lots of my enerygy yet my heart is overwhelming with joy being a mama.
i long to write like you...i fell that deep within the recesses of my heart are many unsaid and 'unsung melodies'yearning to touch cords.
Just droppin by to inspire you to do it...WRITE and touch people's lives.
you can never tell its "ripple" that will change lives.
"The blue sky of heaven is much larger than the dark clouds".

Space
Beautiful Soul

Post by Space » January 18, 2008, 4:14 am

To Learn .... Learning every day something new
Learning how to love better
Learning how to let go every moment, to hold a new one.

I was desiring what I have today. I desire what I have now, the love I am feeling and enjying now.

virginia

unicorn
Fellow Traveler

Post by unicorn » March 25, 2008, 6:12 am

When you think about your dreams, whether within the next year,five, ten or more...
If you could do what your heart wants to do, what would it be?

My Hearts desire is to let go of all the fear, and let the Lord use me as he pleases for my best, for evrybodys best.
Evry day is a miracle luv

kreyan
Fellow Traveler

Post by kreyan » April 3, 2008, 8:05 pm

i wanted to live peacefully in a place where money doesn't mean anything.. i wanna live in a place where all are friends.. i wanna be free from things that can make me sad.. i wanna be with my family and friends... but sometimes, i wanna be alone..
i've always dreamt of living in a barrio.. where people can be alone anytime, with fresh air.no one will disturbe me there..that would make me feel better.. i've also wanted to live in a well built house near the sea.. i want the air coming from the sea,, it makes me relax.. if u'l analyse all this things,u'l realize i really wanna be alone. that's what my hearts desire,, but somehow,, in this point of time,, we have to work things out,, we have to strive hard to achive things,, thats why its hard for me to achive what my heart desire..because i have to face the reality that no man is an island,, and money really does matter..

-kreyan-

Post Reply < PreviousNext >