Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What do you like about yourself?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » July 27, 2008, 5:46 am

Friends,

Reading our dear friend Ladybird's post on her beloved country reminded me that what we focus on expands...

Sometimes we spend so much time thinking about our faults, and our weaknesses that we overlook everything that is precious and beautiful about ourselves.

So I thought I'd ask the question:

It may be things about your body, your spirit, your actions, your ideals....

Sending you a match to set the world aflame,

Maithri
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » July 27, 2008, 6:34 am

Once again, dear Maithri, you come to my rescue, just when I risked to concentrate on my negative sides …. so let’s forget them for a moment!!

I do like my free spirit, insofar I can swim counter current or upwards like the salmons ;) … even though some think I am rebellious!
I love my sensitivity to put myself in my neighbour’s shoes, before I express an opinion (even though there are those who say I justify simply everything).
I do love my ability to greet every new day with a smile and with gratitude, a trait that helps to solve the existing problems.
I also love my dreamy nature … before anything can truly become, there needs to be a dream I am sure.
I love to dance in the rain … literally.
You make me smile by saying “it can be something about your body” … hmmm, now my body has seen better times :p no doubt, but I do like its “softness”. I am grateful that I am still able to walk straight and tall and – hopefully – with grace. I think bodies are meant to dance … and if age doesn’t allow me a wild rock and roll (like the ones back in the past with my big brother) I can still waltz etc. …(in the kitchen).
I love when others find that I am a “harmonizing element” when there are tensions, yes, I do feel the need of at least trying to bring peace and a little light, where there is darkness. … And Maithri and a handful of other great souls help ME to see the light when I happen to be stuck in the dark tunnel (like now). I LOVE TO LOVE!
I love to cook … occasionally.
I do like my ability to rise above chaos in spirit, those famous feet in the air!!

Time out!
Thank you, dear Maithri, for the opportunity to focus on something nice.
I also enjoy Ladybird’s post and her blissful nature!
Love and hugs.
Margherita luv
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » July 27, 2008, 5:03 pm

What do I like about me?????????
I smile a lot - so I like my smile
I love caring friends and the innocence and acceptance of children.
I like my voice when I sing in choir and when I make it go deeper as I talk on the phone or read scriptures in church.
I like my imagination and my creativity - when I'm open and carefree, those 2 qualities draw people to me.
I like the way I always look at a situation and wonder how it will benefit the people who need to be cared about.
I like the wild side of me, when I climb on my motorcycle and go careening down the road early in the morning just to feel the wind forcing it's way through my body and breathing in the morning dew.
I like the way I have always loved the outdoors and can enjoy the ants and caterpillars as well as the deer and bears, the rain and fog as much as the sunshine and billowing white clouds.
I like how I know that all things on earth are spiritual and that when I'm feeling spiritual, I can connect with everything that is feeling the same way.
Most of all, I like in myself that person who resonates with others who want peace in this world through peaceful means that include teaching self sustainance, teaching knowledge, teaching health, and sharing universal spirituality and unbiased love.
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

m1le-st0nes
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by m1le-st0nes » July 30, 2008, 6:14 am

what do I like about me?

I like the me inside the body. I think it's warm and cuddly
I like my shortness it keeps me firmly on the ground while my head searches for the clouds.
Rest well
Sleep tight
and You'll wake up
full of joy and light

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » July 31, 2008, 10:45 pm

Absolutely everything. :D I am not gorgeous, highly intelligent, spiritually perfect, physically fit or flawless. But........I really like me :)

But I would have to say the thing I like most about myself is my optimism.

Pollie
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul

Post by Luckintheshadows » August 2, 2008, 10:45 am

hmmm...what do I like about myself?
EVERYTHING...almost...i think....lol

I'm fun and outgoing
I stand up for what I believe in
I don't compromise on my moral values and ethics (I may not have many, but those I have are more precious than anything.)
I'm sympathetic and empathic.
When I love, I love forever.

Muchoki
Beautiful Soul

Post by Muchoki » August 13, 2008, 4:26 am

Mmmh...what do i like about myself?

I love my smile :) ...and i do smile a lot :) :) :). I like it when people tell me that my smile totally uplifts them.

I love my sunny outlook on life. That i can be absolutely excited about life in general for no apparent reason. More so when no one else is.

I love that i am ordely - (i don't know why this is a big deal to me but it is ??? ). That i can keep order around me in the things that i do.

My body - i love my bosom :D: and obviously, my brain. Granted i don't know how it works sometimes but it always comes through for me in the long run! ;)
As footsteps shies the front,
preferring the wake to decorate,
my life i pray,
shall acquire similar character.

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » August 30, 2008, 9:49 am

What i like about me is that i never want to be someone else!
even if i had the time machine and got the chance to choose who i wanted to be, i would still have chosen to be me.
i'm not at all the best or the greatest person on earth, but i'm happiest with the way i am. the good things i've done make me feel happy, the bad things i've done make me feel even more complete as a person.

GypsyButterfly
Good Friend

Post by GypsyButterfly » August 26, 2014, 10:36 pm

There are many qualities I like about myself. One of the main ones is that I'm open minded. I seem to become more so as I age. Which is fortunate since some people can be quite the opposite.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans--John Lennon

jjbreunig3
Beautiful Soul

Post by jjbreunig3 » August 28, 2014, 4:44 am

In answering this question, my response is:

My analytical ability to think differently.

Back in 1980, I received a B.A. in Mathematics, which served me well in the 30 years I worked within the I.T. (Information Technology) field. Unlike most candidates of the Computer Science degree, I learned how to approach a problem from multiple perspectives, as well as thinking logically, to resolve business problems that employed computerized solutions.

-Joe Breunig,
Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
http://amzn.to/1ffo9YZ
Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably. --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

Post Reply < PreviousNext >