Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Does Love argue?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 19, 2007, 9:31 am

I've been watching this thread develop over the last couple of weeks and all I can do is scratch my head and wonder... why is it that everyone but me seems to understand the question? Honestly, I have no clue what it means! The question 'Does love argue' doesn't seem logical to me... I can understand lovers arguing but what does it mean for 'love' to argue??? My mind is boggled! ???

Maybe someone can help Mr. Mayor wrap his mind around this... (or could it be this is one of those 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' issues?) :^

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » March 19, 2007, 8:39 pm

Ron,

I suppose it is like any other question that requires thought, for it is "in the eyes of the beholder". There have been a few questions posed that I took differently. You hear the question or in this case read it, and depending on what stage you are in your life you answer accordingly. LOL obviously, it makes little sense to you therefore perhaps you have transcended to a different level. To me the question "does love argue" is deeper than asking if lovers argue. Love is taken with such stride, been there. Any one can be lovers, I have been a lover, but love; it is a truth of its own. Keeping in mind that this is my perception, I believe that love is more than an emotion, it is a way of life and with the right person, with God leading the way it becomes tangible.

The other way to look at it more simply is that, in fact the question was do lover argue and if they do are records kept, do we hold grudges against the one we love or do we forgive. If we say that we forgive, is it not true that we never forget. So again do we really forgive. If we do not forget although we have said we forgave, then should a similar event ocurr will we thrash through the records of our memories to finds its like partner and rehash what was already forgiven? Is that love? I still say not. I still say love does not argue. Hmm, not sure if that was really more simple. ???
Times of general calamity and confusion create great minds. The purest ore is produced from the hottest furnace, and the brightest thunderbolt is elicited from the darkest storms.
Charles Caleb Colton
(1780 - 1832)

Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating. - Karl von Clausewitz
I just enjoy the the tweaking of the mind, where ever it may lead my thoughts :? Sorry for rambling on, may not have made any sense at all. Lion puts things much more eloquently and with much more clarity. Good luck with this one Ron.

Pollie
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 19, 2007, 8:47 pm

Dear Mr Mayor...You understand the question perfectly... because "does love argue?" isn't logical. It is what initiated me to ask the question in the first place. There is only one answer... NO. You are right, Lovers can argue but not love. Love is a choice, a characteristic, a lifestyle, an emotion. Love is so very huge... but what it is not... is argumentive ...it would never have to. Love has much better things to do. ;)

Sorry for posing an illogical question, but I am glad for the replies... and perhaps someone who comes here may have a dispute with another person ... will make the choice to step aside and be the hero and let it go... for the sake of love luv

Love Lion~*ThatIsMyStandAndI'mStickinToItPaw ;)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » March 20, 2007, 6:00 am

I would like to add this question for pondering:

Do you/I take responsibility for that which is yours/mine?

Much of arguing, I feel, is blaming the other person for some upset that we feel that has been triggered by something they have said or done. It often has little to do with them and everything to do with some old wound we need to heal.

Love,

Christine
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

yahu!
Good Friend

Post by yahu! » March 20, 2007, 3:32 pm

I think we could exchange brains Christine. . :cool:
There 's no place like Inspiration Peak, my home.

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » March 20, 2007, 6:59 pm

I think I could go for that Yahu, seeing as yours is younger than mine!

:p :D

Love,

Christine
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

yahu!
Good Friend

Post by yahu! » March 21, 2007, 2:22 am

Coach, i don't think you're into memory enhancement either ;)

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 21, 2007, 11:00 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to Lion~* and Pollie for the explanations... I think I see where you were taking this... (I was just a little late to the party!) ;)

Peace to all!

yahu!
Good Friend

Post by yahu! » March 22, 2007, 2:29 am

Shalom Mayor Ron !
Just a lovely argument here.. :^

Look4Hope
Good Friend

Post by Look4Hope » January 21, 2008, 10:07 am

I do believe at times "love" does argue. By argue I mean with one's self. Love and trust are so tightly knitted. If trust is broken then inside one's soul love will argue.

"I love you BUT I don't like you", for example. Therefore you can have love causing an argument. :^

“But some emotions don't make a lot of noise. It's hard to hear pride. Caring is real faint - like a heartbeat. And pure love - why, some days it's so quiet, you don't even know it's there.” luv

Post Reply < PreviousNext >