Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What's the best advice you've received?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Teo
Good Friend

Post by Teo » December 31, 2009, 2:12 pm

viola wrote:I have enjoyed reading the many gifts of advice here. Bless you all for sharing! :)
Amen

and

Awomen! :p

On my mind lately is a great gem I got from the discussion forums that Dr. Deepak Chopra used to have, a poet there made the prayer:

"May I not be in the way of my art."
Wellness Arts discussions: http://Givnology.com
Amazing music books: http://Givnology.ca
Musicalizations: http://Reverbnation/teovincent4

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » March 28, 2010, 10:55 pm

The best advice I have ever received was:
Every thing you say or do will in some way affect the future no matter how trivial it may seem, and you can never begin to understand its ripple.
Pollie :D
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

samulen
Fellow Traveler

Post by samulen » May 25, 2010, 5:10 am

A. H. Almaas told me not limit myself in describing the world or Spirit.

He said that many people think that God, the Universe, Spirit or Gaia cannot be explained.
In fact it can be explained because everything that exists is an explanation but only a part. There is always more to it. It never ends. It is quite funny when people write big books saying that Spirit cannot be talked about...

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » October 30, 2011, 4:43 pm

I think it must have been when I was bowling in a parent-child league and got a gutter-ball on my first shot (something I don't normally do). I stomped back to the other side of the alley, shouting 'IT'S NOT FAIR!" Before my father could tell me how much I was embarassing him, the woman that we were bowling against (who was with her son at the time) gently asked me "Who ever told you life was supposed to be fair?" Those words have resonated with me whenever I think I've been dealt an "unfair" hand, or situation.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Caitlyn
Good Friend

Post by Caitlyn » November 1, 2012, 2:28 pm

The best advice I was given was by a total stranger when I was going through a tough time 3 years ago...

He told me " Life was not a sprint but a marathon"

At first I was thinking that didn't make any sense to me but now I know what his meaning is. Taking things day by day and having patience, not rushing things. Even though it has been a long 3 years things have gotten a lot better :).
" live the way you tell yourself to, not what anyone else says, don't let anyone else tell you who you are or who you should be, don't let anyone or anything hold you back from doing exactly what you want to do and where you want to go "

Matthew Olszewski
Good Friend

Post by Matthew Olszewski » April 22, 2015, 12:18 pm

Most fell in my memory quote, saying that even the longest journey begins with the first step. Whenever I have a lot to do this quote motivates me for further action.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >