Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What's the best advice you've received?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Fabulous Future
Good Friend

Post by Fabulous Future » April 21, 2009, 9:52 am

it is in my profile and my dad always said that life is hard by the yard and by the inch it is a cinch. I love it as if you just take one step at a time things are manageable it can be used for many situations. when I was troubled I would phone my Dad and ask him to tell me those words and it always made me feel better.
Life is hard by the yard
Life is a cinch by the inch
by my Dad

Be Glad of Life
because it gives you
the chance to love
and to work and to play
and to look up to the stars
by Henry Van Dyke

catherinecruz
Fellow Traveler

Post by catherinecruz » July 22, 2009, 1:48 am

the best advice that i have comes from the movie Pocahontas 2. Pretty childish, as I am getting the source from a children-oriented movie, but somehow true. That what ever you do, no matter how many intellectual or rational an advice is coming from, we should still hear the voice that is within us.

We should also learn to stop once in awhile. Everyone from everywhere doing everything are so spontaneous. Like a stream of electricity flowing from a highway of cables, with a speed of I don't know how fast it really is. Just stop, and breathe even for a second.

Space
Beautiful Soul

Post by Space » August 2, 2009, 9:22 am

Mine is similar to that of Sparrow, i.e. Do what you really love to do and there won´t be any blame!
It is our choice and our responsability to be ourself
Love
Virginia

tsbrownstone
Good Friend

Post by tsbrownstone » August 6, 2009, 5:19 am

from my dad:

"There's no such thing as can't"
"You don't "have to" do anything, do it because you want to"
awake each morning surprised that your lease on life hasn't expired

Lorenza
Good Friend

Post by Lorenza » September 23, 2009, 10:00 pm

I think the best advice I have ever received was DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLES' ADVICES.

It helped me develop focus on what I want in Life and problem solving skills. What we need to get from people it is only understanding and love. We know, deep inside, what to do in every situation of our LIfe. We need to learn to listen to our Inner Wisdom.
Love & Rainbow
Lorenza

viola
Fellow Traveler

Post by viola » November 16, 2009, 1:01 pm

I have enjoyed reading the many gifts of advice here. Bless you all for sharing! :)
"Forgiveness frees our hearts to love again".

Steve
Fellow Traveler

Post by Steve » November 19, 2009, 2:05 pm

As Eckhart Tolle would say; Live in the NOW.

Steve
Fellow Traveler

Post by Steve » December 3, 2009, 8:04 am

I have recently come to the guiding principal of: be someone you would admire; follow your bliss.

celticwarrior
Good Friend

Post by celticwarrior » December 5, 2009, 5:28 am

Que Sera Sera

Beautiful Mind
Fellow Traveler

Post by Beautiful Mind » December 20, 2009, 2:56 am

While I was in high school I was bogged down with the pressure of studies and the constant effort to keep up with the competition was taking a toll on my physical and mental wellness. As I got more and more obsessed with scores, not being able to attain my goals depressed me. My depression worsened reaching to the point of break down.
It was then , that my principal asked me to visit her,
She said it is important to score good, but attaining good score is not the entire purpose of education, the very purpose of education is to make us a better/wise human being.
She questioned me, what good is education if it does not give me the strength to cope with failures or set backs in life but throws me into the dark voids of depression. She said focus on gaining knowledge not only marks, be open to learning at all stages of life and most important stive to become a better human being with every passing day, success in other spheres of life will automatically follow.
Eight years down the line , her words still echo in my mind and I can not thank her enough for changing my perspective on education.
May God Bless her
Asato ma sad gamaya
Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya
Mrityor ma amritam gamaya

From non-existence lead us to existence
From darkness lead us to light,
From death lead us to immortality.
(Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.3.28)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >