Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

In the eyes of a child

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
catchasunset
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by catchasunset » September 21, 2009, 6:09 pm

I would like you all to pretend for a minute you are a child again exploring the earth for the first time.

What do you see that is so beautiful and that brings you joy by touching it, smelling or just seeing it.

I will start:

A sunset...... of course you knew I would have to say that...

catchasunset
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

~Luciano de Crescenzo~

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » September 23, 2009, 1:08 am

What a beautiful question dear catchasunset...

many come to mind...a rainbow, a sunset, flower petals, autumn leaves, puffy clouds and azure blue skies, rain drops in a puddle, frost....I am sure there are others that will come to mind...

it made me think of this quote...
Among the mind's powers is one that comes of itself to many children and artists. It need not be lost, to the end of his days, by anyone who has ever had it. This is the power of taking delight in a thing, or rather anything, not as a means to some other end, but just because it is what it is. A child in the full health of his mind will put his hand flat on the summer lawn, feel it, and give a little shiver of private glee at the elastic firmness of the globe
~ Charles Edward Montague
love from a blissed
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

catchasunset
Good Friend

Post by catchasunset » October 27, 2009, 2:02 pm

Looks like everyone is in the coffee shop.

Thanks ladybird for sharing your thoughts.

I am going to go have a cup of coffee now. Want to join me there?
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

~Luciano de Crescenzo~

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » October 27, 2009, 2:37 pm

When I was little I loved being alone sitting in the farthest corner of our yard on an old electrical spool outside the chicken pen... singing my made up songs to them in the sunshine.

Thanks Sunset for the great post... think I will stay right here in my own corner for a while... songless... not feeling like coffee just now. Certainly needed some sunshine though... especially from a beautiful Sunset!

love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 28, 2009, 2:43 pm

Dear (((((catchasunset))))))

Glad ya liked my thoughts and the coffee table is popular....would love to see ya join us...the more the merrier I reckon...

Lion maybe you'll feel like coffee another time...

love ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » November 9, 2009, 6:54 am

Hi catchasunset :-)
First of all I hope Lion gets all the sunshine she needs....
I am noticing the way people smile ... and how some show real serenity........
I am also noticing the joyous energy in a little fluffy kitten..
And I really noticed a beautiful sunset the other day not by looking at it but because it filled our sitting room with pink light
Cheers
Lifeboat

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » November 9, 2009, 9:50 am

Haven't seen you in a long time (((Lifeboat))))) So nice to hear from you! :D: <---- sincere smile~* I actually haven't seen much sunshine this Fall... it has been very dark and dull for days as if it is sundown at any hour of the day. I bought new * daylight* lightbulbs for winter to counter the dreary sky. It snowed 5 inches 2 weeks ago and melted. When it stays for 5 months... it brightens everything again in a white blanket!

Memories of childhood and snow... waking up and having the house literally buried!!!... only 6 inches of the front window that you see out ... and that was 14 ft off the ground! :?
Us kids would crawl up the house roof and slide off into the huge mounds of snow that slid off the tin roof. We also used to build snow men on the flat roof of the old garage... no one had to shovel it then! I loved playing in the snow... until my siblings abandoned me when my boots stuck immovably into the snow when I shot off the back roof. They neglected to tell mom... who didn't notice me missing till I was an icicle from head to toes. ... NO... I didn't go off the roof again with them. ???
Last edited by Lion~* on November 10, 2009, 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Space
Beautiful Soul

Post by Space » November 9, 2009, 5:43 pm

hi Catchasunset and everyone at the table!!
Is coffee ready for another round??? :D

Colors .... lot of color, the velvet like rose
a bright yellow sun
a deep blue water
a orange sky
a black night
luv Colors luv

Love
Virginia

Post Reply < PreviousNext >