Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What are you thankful for?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » November 22, 2009, 11:09 pm

Here it is, the week of Thanksgiving... and here's the question...

"Is there something you learned or discovered or experienced this year that you are especially thankful for? If so, what was it?"

Feel free to elaborate.... and if there's more than one thing, let us know that too! ;)

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » November 24, 2009, 1:32 pm

The family of kind people here in the garden at the peak.

Don
Good Friend

Post by Don » November 24, 2009, 2:29 pm

I’m thankful I have been given the gift of choice.
Not to use to attain position or material things of the
world but to make a difference to start the change to
a better world that is the gift that we all have been
given freely the gift of choice is what makes
me greatfull, thank you Lord.

nia
Beautiful Soul

Post by nia » November 26, 2009, 7:18 am

Life is not easy and we all live something good and bad... But there is always a kind of magical sun that rising on your hopeless days... I lived this in many times in my life. And as I tried to express my feelings to one of my friends here, I should be a lucky one that I have met with you all... This was the most beautiful thing in my hardest days... I am thankful for God once again that made me to meet with you all. With your beautiful hearts/souls sun was rising everyday to my humble life. Even if I wasn't here too.

My wishes, my prayers and my love
for you all,

Thank you,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness." Dalai Lama
http://knitting-diary-of-nia.blogspot.com/
http://blue-silence-of-nia.blogspot.com

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » November 29, 2009, 10:12 pm

I am thankful that the red passion hair dye I used was not a complete disaster!!!

(and I am thankful for the wonderful friendships of those lovely souls here at the Peak too!!!)

love from a blissed
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » February 19, 2010, 3:45 am

As in daily life, searching for words to express my gratitude for this most amazing place!

Whether I am able to post replies or not, each day that I awaken I come here and I find something to soothe, to keep me going, to give me hope.

Often I find laughter here (thank you Ladybird and your red hair!) I did giggle, and glad it was not a disaster.

Wishing everyone well and thank you Ron for this place - even when I need to be invisible :cool: - as I sometimes do.

luv Laura

samulen
Fellow Traveler

Post by samulen » May 25, 2010, 5:14 am

I'm thankful for beingness.

For my ego, for my limits, for my emotions, thoughts, for all the good and the bad and absolute mystery that is life.

Think about it:
The idea that there was a big bang and that we ended up where we are is absolutely strange and absurd :) Hard for our minds to around.

But here we are and the journey keeps on going.

kree8r
Good Friend

Post by kree8r » July 15, 2010, 8:20 pm

I am thankful for ordinary days. Sunshine, rain, puddles to jump in. Sleepiness, coffee, smiles, and a body that works. The wind in my face and macaroni and cheese lunches. Starry nights and clouds.

And friends,
Blessings,
M
We shall find peace. We shall hear angels.
We shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.

Anton Pavlovich Chekhov

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » February 1, 2011, 8:00 am

Time escapes me these days. It doesn't seem that long since I have visited this wonderful place, but I am gravely mistaken. One day has lead into the next and have meshed together so much so that I am unsure which was which.

What I have learned is gratitude itself. I am grateful for the family that I am blessed to still have here with me on this earth. For the friends that during this time of anguish have stepped forward and proved to be better than those who existed in my past, and in most cases better than family who are "suppose" to be there in your greatest hour of need. I am grateful for the little things in life, that I am able to hug my living children, visit with them, laugh with them, cry with them. I am grateful for the opportunity God has left me with and the knowledge of life and death.

So many of us go on our daily lives, not seeing the world as they should. Eyes and hearts closed to what whirls about them. I say to all, open your eyes, love with all of your heart, help those you can, guide those you can not. Take nothing for granted, as tomorrow may surely not come. Have no regrets in the end.
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » February 1, 2011, 2:22 pm

For the friends that during this time of anguish have stepped forward and proved to be better than those who existed in my past, and in most cases better than family who are "suppose" to be there in your greatest hour of need.
I used to believe there was a " suppose to be" of people I expected to be there and some who said they were... and like you, I ended up finding truth, loyalty and a reality of unconditional love from sources most unexpected and un-"supposed".

With the various occurrences of life... and the anguishes that buffet into us... life becomes amplified. The tangible reality of emotions, life, death, loyalty, betrayal and parallel angles of respect that loves richly through silence... through deeply contemplative words.

Gratitude, like all that is pondered in the soul is owned by us alone. As much as you might wish others to know... alone we know the full depths of our soul. Something that has made me more appreciative of life... is to not assume... not assume who will love, support, understand, stay, go... the only constant I can count on is the constant reminder of how much I love out. “So much“. They are empty two little words on their own... that have to be filled up with a tremendous amount of truth... and sometimes the greatest portion of gratitude is how much you "so much" from your soul... whether anyone else can even possibly understand the unfathomable depths.

When life has been amplified... nothing is insignificant or taken for granted. There is a surge of unremitting thankfulness along side of everything and you become the epitome of * UN* in the conditions of life... un-derstanding, un-relenting, un-expected, un-demanding, un-assuming, un-chained, un-conditional!

There is new sight in life when deep anguishes have befallen and yet you endure more fully alive in ardent awareness as gratitude enmeshes each breath .
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >