Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What are you thankful for?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » February 3, 2011, 4:39 am

I am greatful for family and loved ones, both here and afar...

Michelle
Fellow Traveler

Post by Michelle » March 7, 2011, 4:57 pm

hello Ron and all...

well don't laugh as this is quite serious ok

I am grateful for INDOOR PLUMBING...!!!

Having lived the gypsey life having lived in India having lived off the grid the little things in life...
When we lived off the grid on our farm we would go to the nearest pub for dinner and to be able to turn on a tap and wash my hands with hot water was always a delight, not having to light a fire to carry the water to heat the water to carry it back inside...hmmm
To be able to turn on a shower with hot water wow.
To be able to go to the loo INSIDE...!

Well you can all stop laughing now and just think about how your life would be if you did not have indoor plumbing.
:cool:

Michelle
Fellow Traveler

Post by Michelle » March 7, 2011, 5:31 pm

hello again...

this year I am grateful for being able to give my dearest darling husband the gift of a good death...!!!

I kidnapped him from hospital and nursed him myself and being at home with me and the dogs gave him a new lease on life which sadly but also gladly lasted three months.
The night before he went he was having a good day and actually got up and sat at the dining table briefly.
The next morning I knew something wasn't right and stayed in bed with him holding his hand and rubbing his forehead with the old dog lying on his legs and the dalmatian in the middle.
After a few hours he quietly slipped away.

I am grateful I was able to give him his last wish which was to be at home with me and the dogs.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 8, 2011, 1:41 am

Dear ((((Michelle)))) It is a precious connection and treasure to give someone what they desire most. A last wish is no small asking... nor giving. Some people cringe from the inevitability of death... not realizing what it means fully in life! I'd cringe to not give all I can... all I could... all I did. I was told twice by dear friends, " It is ok for you to leave. I understand if it is too much." Too much in my mind... is not giving all I had and all I hadn't. It changes life to love with all your soul through. Some endings come with a thankful ease... some... some endings just shatter your heart to pulp. :(

I'm really glad you had each other in a beautiful embrace til he crossed over. Absolutely precious.

As for your indoor plumbing... since it was recently -20*C and then piled up another foot of snow on top of the 3 1/2 ft already packed down... and the fact that I am totally unable to tromp through the white havoc!!! I agree... indoor plumbing is a very good thing indeed! ;)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Michelle
Fellow Traveler

Post by Michelle » March 8, 2011, 3:55 am

hello Lion...
thanks for the nice words
glad somebody appreciates my indoor plumbing story people in the western developed world don't realise all the things that they take for granted such as indoor plumbing...!
btw hope your recovery is going well

:cool:

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » March 11, 2011, 8:26 pm

Michelle,
I must say I enjoy my indoor plumbing too, I like to take hot showers on cold winter monings and cool ones in the summertime. I also like toilets that go flush...
I am very thankful for my family as well, my gift of poetry a roof over my head and food for my belly.
Sincerely,
Davidf
Have a blessed day!

ninbinz
Fellow Traveler

Post by ninbinz » June 20, 2011, 3:44 pm

I am thankful for the freedom I feel when I leave my house and the sun that shines on me, warming my bones as I make my journy into the world.
Pure and simple....... is a good way to live

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » November 7, 2011, 7:51 pm

To preface, I just went to a huge gathering where most of the people had CP (Cerebral Palsy) If have it too, but a mild case. After viewing all the people, I am especially grateful that my case is so mild it inspires me to write so much (usually) uplifting poetry...
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » December 4, 2011, 10:01 am

And of course I should thank all the editors, webmasters/ webmistresses and site moderators (I belong and have belonged
to several different on-line writing groiups, and send out my work out constantly both nationally and interntionally.)
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Matthew Olszewski
Good Friend

Post by Matthew Olszewski » April 22, 2015, 12:24 pm

Usually I am grateful if I can overcome some of my inner border which prevented me to achieve some goal. I am grateful that I can keep developing myself, getting to know better me and the world.

Post Reply < PreviousNext >