Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Who Has Been The Kindest Person In Your Life?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » April 5, 2007, 11:36 am

All too often people will recall the nastiest people they know!!! :angry:
BUT it is far more important to remember and embrace who has been the the most caring! :D:

What *person* has been the kindest to you?

Love Lion~*ThinkOnTheGood,True,LovelyPaw :^
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

catchasunset
Good Friend

Post by catchasunset » April 5, 2007, 1:27 pm

What *person* has been the kindest to you?

Hi Lion,

It has been a while since I have responded to the forums.
But this one could not be left untouched.

I do have to say that my mother has been the kindest to me.
I also have to say of all the people that have left my world she would be the one I miss most.
There is not a day that goes by that I do not wish she was here.

So here is to you mom, Happy Easter.

love,
catchasunset
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

~Luciano de Crescenzo~

austinguidry
Good Friend

Post by austinguidry » April 5, 2007, 3:07 pm

I also would say my mom has been kindest to me in particular.

However, if we're talking about the kindest person to everybody in general, I would definitely say my friend Lauren Menefee. She is the one that I feel that I'm in love with and want to eventually marry. She is still kind to me, but still has yet to return my love.
Words offer the paths to meaning, and for those who will listen, the annunciation of truth

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » April 6, 2007, 6:07 pm

Probably not the answer that you were looking for, but I have only one answer to this question and that answer is me. There is not enough time nor enough need to express the trials and tribulations I endured as a child. Where there was no one who cared, I had to learn to care for me, where there was no love, I had to learn to love me, where there was no forgiveness I had to teach myself to forgive. This was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, learn to be kind to myself. Thinking back in all the years, and I have lived quite a few, this would be the only true answer I can offer.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster. Your life will never be the same again.

Og Mandino (1923 - 1996), The Greatest Miracle in the World
Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.
Annie Lennox
Perhaps better we not obscure
People who have been kind to you loved and were kind to themselves first. What does that teach us?

Pollie
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

Ames0325
Good Friend

Post by Ames0325 » April 10, 2007, 5:30 am

This is a difficult question, for there are many people throughout my life who have shown me great kindness at the times when I needed it most.
If I had to choose just one as the kindest and most important I too would choose my dear mother, because she is the one that is always there, to field the midnight phone calls, to proofread papers, kiss skinned knees and bruised hearts or just to talk.

But there are many who I will never forget because of the kindnesses they have shown me.
--Friends who have taught me the true meaning of friendship.

--Teachers who have truly taught with patience although I was slow to learn and was probably a most frustating student at times.

--RA's and Counselors who opened their rooms and hearts to me during a difficult first year at college.

The list could go oon endlessly. Thank you Lion for this question. It is good to remember these things. I think too often we think about the hard times/ hard things in life with disdain, I know i don't liek hard things, but I also know that these are the times I have learned the most and loved the most and grown the most.

Love,
Amy

sctshep
Fellow Traveler

Post by sctshep » April 12, 2007, 9:31 am

My wife. A good, kind loving person.
Scott Sheperd Ph.D
Strategies to get you through illness and loss
www.rainbowshappen.com
Strategies to keep you sane in crazy times
www.mystresscoach.com

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » April 12, 2007, 1:46 pm

Thank you dear Lion for this question.

In thinking of who ... while I was about to reply immediately "My Mother", I just had an intense vision of me as a little girl with my Grandmother.... indeed I remember once saying that I loved my Grandmother more than my Mom (in truth of course I loved them both very much!) She is tied to my first memories and she made me feel warm and cozy in every moment. My Mother worked, so she had little time for me, but I discovered later that she was the most wonderful Mother I could ever have wished for. Selfless, caring, loving ... she was the quintessence of LOVE, a love I still feel. She is close to me, I know.

And then there was my Godmother, a true great spirit, who made me see beyond the appearences.

A few others cared probably, but not to the same extent.

Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

just exhibit love
Good Friend

Post by just exhibit love » April 12, 2007, 2:46 pm

lion

good afternoon

may i share my thoughts and feelings about..the person who has been most kind to me..

for me..it would have to be my father..he was from the old country of norway as he called it..the man i remember..who found great joy in having a pair of old shoes repaired with new soles..rather than buy new ones..I miss the man I called my dad..he was 49 when i was born so he was always older than most of my friends dad's..my mom died when i was 9...of ovarian cancer..and back in those days there was not a lot they could do for her..so it was just me and my dad..i was blessed we were so close..he passed away many years ago..but i still go to the cemetery and sit on the bench near his grave..and talk with him..it gives me peace..

love Rosie
"Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know that this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment."-Eckart Tolle.

summerlove313
Fellow Traveler

Post by summerlove313 » May 2, 2007, 7:53 pm

My Father, Taught me love, honesty and integrity. Taught me to trust in myself even when I was afraid. Taught me determination and perseverence. Also taught me that if I could laugh at a problem I would get through it. Goodness knows in the past 10 years how I've needed that sense of humor and was so blessed to have learned the lesson!!!

There were three words that my father left behind wherever he passed by and that was "I love you". He meant those words with all that was inside himself. Never once did daddy put himself before anyone.

My daddy, the kindest person I have ever known.

~S~

social butterfly
Beautiful Soul

Post by social butterfly » May 14, 2007, 11:27 pm

Hello lion,

your statement is very true. we can quickly recall the nasty people in that we meet our life, and usually dont recall the special ones so easily.
I love that question though, and id have to say my father.
my father has been a source of inspiration and encouragment for me, all my life. he has loved me, and sacrificed so much for my well being that i could truly never repay him. he is my constant blessing. :)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >