Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What did you learn today?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » April 21, 2007, 11:55 am

The heart is forever inexperienced. - Henry David Thoreau

Just when I think I understand something... I wonder if I know anything at all!!! That is why I am a "need to know" girl and continually seek solid wisdom and knowledge. Even without consciously looking for truth, understanding and affirmation... we are bathed in it ... just poke your head up and look around... there is so much learning to do!!!! :D:

What did you learn today?

Love Lion~*YearningForLearningPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Ames0325
Good Friend

Post by Ames0325 » April 24, 2007, 8:38 am

Love this question Lion. I am one of the curious ones I want to know everything about everything. I can never know enough. It is about one week before finals for me and I have been slaving away in the computer lab writing programs to finish my projects and while I have learned alot about computers this week I will not bore you with that.
I have learned that even when it feels like my brain is gonna explode I can I always stuff more information in it...somwhow.

Love,
Amy

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » April 24, 2007, 12:57 pm

Thanks for this question, Lion~* dear. luv

I learned a little more about the magic of life, and how to love myself better.

Love,
Christine
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » April 27, 2007, 1:38 pm

Today I learned that with enough patience, perserverance and communications we can help others to achieve great things, help them to see their own self worth, help them to be thinkers from "out side the box", instill pride and desire in the hearts of the most difficult. Today I learned the meaning of success. :D

Polly
Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, What's in it for me? - Brian Tracy

Success in life has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others. - Danny Thomas
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

glitter
Good Friend

Post by glitter » September 5, 2007, 9:05 pm

Today I learned to really appreciate the things I normally take for granted...like the color of the sky, the rustle of the trees when a breeze blows through them, or the smile on someone's face as they walk past you. It's the little things that make all of the difference!

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » September 5, 2007, 10:30 pm

Glitter

How wonderfull it is to wake up one day and see what beautiful things are within our sights. Too many of us get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life that we see past the obvious.

I love life. I love the different perspectives, differnt experiences each day offers to us.

Today I learned a little about you!

_Darkie_
Fellow Traveler

Post by _Darkie_ » October 24, 2007, 7:52 am

I must say, all the things that I tend to learn are more material than spiritual.

Today, I've learned and reviewed some Chemistry. I think that's far enough.

Immaterial lessons I have learned today?

Not today in particular, but in the past week, since I've joined Inspiration Peak.

Before, I tended to stick to one Forum. This Forum was used by a lot of people, with as many as 800-900 posters online in every single moment.

But the size in numbers does not reciprocate amount of good content. In fact, I've noticed that there has been a lot of irrational arguments between two or more parties who refuse to accept the other side's argument. I've seen flaming, unprovoked insulting of someone else.

I did learn one thing from these Forums; to be constantly prudent, and to carefully word everything I say.

When I joined the Inspiration Peak, I was pleasantly surprised at the gentle and caring audience here - in contrast to the other Forum that I visited. Here, I've felt more welcome than I ever had in the months of my usage of the other forum.

I can be free to express my opinion, and I can share experiences with others here, without anything coming between us.

One thing I've learned now is

Through warmth and kindness, someone will bloom. Otherwise, one will never go forward, or will feel freedom. Posting is not a contest, but an opportunity to share ideas. Kindness results in kindness.

Really, I have to thank all the wonderful people I've met here at Inspiration Peak so far. You've taught me a life lesson, and I will always remember it.
~Darkie

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » October 24, 2007, 12:55 pm

Kindness results in kindness.
Well said Darkie luv luv luv

Mammy x x

PS: There's another community of kindness here http://askmammy.ie/phpBB2/index.php

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 24, 2007, 1:37 pm

Kindness results in kindness
I agree with Mammy...well said!! (((Darkie)))

...and for me I too am eternally grateful for the love and beauty and wisdom that is the Peak...it is a heavenly oasis for the soul and is extra special coz of all the shining stars (((fellow traveler Peakers))) that reside here...you are all my lesson and I am grrreater coz of you all...Hear Hear!!...

...in the words of the Dalai Lama...my religion is simple...my religion is kindness......to me that speaks volumes in those simple yet wise words

...in the words of O W Holmes...you cannot do a kindness too soon for you never know how soon it will be too late...to me that means starting each and every day with kindness

love ladybird luv

...the most powerful thing you can do to change the world, is to change your own beliefs about the nature of life, people, reality to something more positive...and begin to act accordingly...
~ Shakti Gawain
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

_Darkie_
Fellow Traveler

Post by _Darkie_ » October 25, 2007, 6:20 am

Here is a definite lesson that I've learned today.

Earlier this year, I joined the Junior Volleyball Team. I had not played in quite a while, and I needed quite a bit of work.

The team I am playing on, let's say, have not been to successful. From the beginning of the year, we've seen defeat after defeat.

Today was different. I had almost sprained my thumb yesterday, and I found that I had forgotten some of my gear. In other words, I was totally depressed before the game even started.

But we won. Our intense training after all those failures proved to be something. We each did our part, getting some points in, spiking, passing, acing our serves...nothing stopped us.

Before the game, I could see the anxiety and worry in everyone's eyes. After - victory! success!

We have to believe. It helps nobody to convince yourself that a failure is at hand and inevitable.

We have to push on, through all our hardships, forget our past failures, and invest in the present and future; for that's what really matters.
~Darkie

Post Reply < PreviousNext >