Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What did you learn today?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
franz
Fellow Traveler

Post by franz » October 25, 2007, 9:00 am

Today I learn that,

Aging is accepting....

I don't know if it has been quoted but I came to this idea as i celebrate my 20 birthday alone studying for exam, 5 am morning. I stumbled it as I was trying to write a reply for post" how old are you?" by ladybird. It perks my spirit up in these tough times. (see the other post, to see my elaboration of what aging means)

Sweet life,
Pierre

ebullientenigma
Beautiful Soul

Post by ebullientenigma » January 4, 2008, 5:33 pm

I learned today that I must practice self care. I am feeling the stress and strain from being tossed about from life. I must take the time to rest and relax. I need to listen to my body and abstain from worry, because worry does not solve my dilemmas, rather it adds more strain to an already tense situation.

luv I promise to love myself a little more!

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » January 4, 2008, 9:14 pm

I learnt that the world is smaller than I think. luv
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

zoro
Beautiful Soul

Post by zoro » January 5, 2008, 1:59 am

Dear fellow travellers,
I learnt the ABC method of handling mistakes ( from HANDLING MISTAKES by Steve Goodier)

A-Acknowledge the mistake, accept responsibility

B-Be gentle on self and others

C-Corrective action and move on

Thank you God

Zoro-embracing strength :)

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » January 5, 2008, 9:04 am

This past week I re-learned something I knew internally but always have a difficult time putting to practice. However, I shall bear it in mind as I travel life's road from now on;

"Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we're frantic, life will be frantic. If we're peaceful, life will be peaceful. And so our goal in any situation becomes inner peace.

Our internal state determines our experiences in our lives, our experiences do not determine our internal state."

From: A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course In Miracles, by; Marianne Williamson
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

GypsyButterfly
Good Friend

Post by GypsyButterfly » May 22, 2016, 10:23 pm

Today, while I was answering a quiz, I learned the word, gaur. It's an Indian bison.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans--John Lennon

Post Reply < PreviousNext >