Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

empowering strength

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » September 1, 2010, 6:26 pm

How do you help make other's stronger?

There are certaintly many ways. How do you help empower those in your life to become stronger women, men or children?
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Don
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Don » September 3, 2010, 12:55 am

I think to challenge younger people to think more independently
and not follow the thinking of what the majority thinks, to become a leader
of change and not the product of change. In this process we all learn
and become who we really are in life.

Don

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » September 9, 2010, 2:04 am

Powerful question Lion... and one answer is just that: you can help people grow more by asking the right questions.. not by giving them the answers.
You can also help people grow by NOT rushing in and doing for them what they cant do for themselves: not only does it take away their need to learn so they can do it next time, it knocks their self-esteem and their belief in themselves both of which are fuel for their growth.
And finally by showing unconditional love ... love that does not depend on their succeeding in everything they do but which is their irrespective ... you show them it is OK to try and fail and so you will encourage them to lead change in themselves and others... as Don so neatly put it...
Love, Peter

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 13, 2010, 3:06 pm

I find being steadfast in my determination to not submit to difficulties in my life but to consistantly fight my way through all challenging hurdles all inclusive of spiritual, emotional and physical, this empowers others to do the same in their own lives! The people who I have contact with are witnessing the unrelenting power of believing in CAN over medically determined can'ts... through emotional traumas that crush against the soul but a soul who refuses to be crushed! By not remaining silent about the intricate details of my life... I am empowering others to not be suspended by the stagnant monster Fear is. I refuse to give up on myself or give in to intolerable situations. Do I get scared? You bet I do and then I search my spirit for all I know works and take note of what hasn't and I ask for help from those I know will uphold my needs.

Example empowers, encourages and proves that there is Can, Wholeness within shattering happenings, Ability in disabilities and Happiness in who one is... even while navigating very unhappy details. The way I've learned to empower others is to insist on living with integrity, kindness and sheer grit for all that befalls my pathway and complete gratitude for all I learn because of it. I love it when people say, " Janice, how can you....?" or "What do I do?" because that is an open door to encourage someone how they too can! Our details always vary... but the emotional outcome of our lives can parallel so keenly!

Nothing is impossible... it just might not become possible the way a person * thinks* it should! ;)

Lion~*

Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » September 22, 2010, 4:22 pm

I empower them with my trust, i feed them with my love, and I let them follow their own path without comment.

iaminspired
Fellow Traveler

Post by iaminspired » September 29, 2010, 9:34 pm

Empowering them by allowing them to overcome challenges on their own. Empowering them by allowing them to discover answers on their own. Human becomes stronger by adversity. We didn't become stronger in the comfort of our couch. Get into action, live at the edge, that's how we become stronger.
A blog that was created by five inspirational leaders whom wanted to inspire the world. http://iaminspiredblog.wordpress.com

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » November 11, 2010, 9:26 pm

I find being steadfast in my determination to not submit to difficulties in my life but to consistantly fight my way through all challenging hurdles all inclusive of spiritual, emotional and physical, this empowers others to do the same in their own lives!
And yes, this is exactly how you empower me. It is seeing you fight against the odds and come out ahead, the unwavering faith, the conviction in your actions and words.

At those moments of weakness when the world seems as if it will crumble beneath my feet, I hear your voice whispering the truth of your journey and the raw honesty those whispers carry. I long to find my truths that they may take seed once again. You give me hope in the shadows of my life and love in the bright of the days. Through you I BELIEVE that I will again find my optimistic self, my laughter, my smile, and learn not only to coexist with what was, what is and what will be, but to really live within their existence.

So since I believe that what you say of your ability to empower is true,
steadfast in my determination to not submit to difficulties in my life but to consistantly fight my way through all challenging hurdles all inclusive of spiritual, emotional and physical, this empowers others to do the same in their own lives!
I so long for that day when I will be able to have healed enough to stand as you and be able to empower others who are just beginning their journeys.

(((((((((((((Janice))))))))))))))))))

With all my love, your friend
Holly
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » November 13, 2010, 1:52 am

Holly just to let you know your prayer is already being answered. I was feeling a little low this morning. The strength and serenity I sensed in your comment here and your thanks for the pledge and the prayer have really helped me. I feel more connected to God, and so grateful for help already given. I feel stronger and hopeful.. Thank You

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » November 16, 2010, 12:45 am

I long to find my truths that they may take seed once again. .
... Through you I BELIEVE that I will again find my optimistic self, my laughter, my smile, and learn not only to coexist with what was, what is and what will be, but to really live within their existence.

I so long for that day when I will be able to have healed enough to stand as you and be able to empower others who are just beginning their journeys.
Dear (((Holly))) There are some seeds that only grow after intense tending. Some like the bamboo tree take several years and then grows at a phenomenal speed to become magnificence. Others have to go through fire before they will grow into huge trees. Some stay frozen in the ground for half the year before nourishing your belly! Your seeds of truth are being prepared for just the right moment. You don't see, as Lifeboat and I do... your beauty and maturity already. You say that I provoke you to believe... Holly, it was YOU who helped enable me to believe I could still give something of some worth to another in need again. You are so right! My whole life is against the odds... same as you, just in differing ways....yet here I am *learning* right along with you the complex simplicity of living within was, is and will be. I refuse daily to be slogged down in emotional hoarding. There are deep losses and griefs that can only be accepted as fact, but never will that grief lift. That is when you honor the life you have been given and in so.... honor the lives of those you love.... because whether with you or not... there is no past tense for the living love within your soul!!!!

It is brutally hard when at every turn you are up against challenge after challenge. We both know it too well. It is hard to catch your breath when emotionally your heart shatters for those you love. When your body becomes a battleground that is scarred and changed forever!When you are drastically exhausted and the only reason you have to even spark to navigate the day.... YOUR SOUL IS FULL OF LOVE THAT MUST BE GIVEN ... to yourself, those you love, strangers who cross your path! There is no choice while we have breath but to rise in the pain, in the trauma, in the illness, in the emotional shatterings... and just be! It is that simple and in that....so extraordinarily complex!

You are not nearly healed enough, my dear friend. It takes time to heal... an entire lifetime... but you are healed more than enough to encourage others. You've done so the other day for Lifeboat! You did so back in April when you reached out to me in the loss of your son. You gave me another reason and an open door to re-open my soul. You're right... I do not look at things as most would. I never have! I've stopped "trying"... trying really sucks! I've nothing to prove to anyone... I am just me and like just you... we have a great deal to give to our fellow sojourners.

You already have harvest! You have instilled a powerful lifesaving domino effect for thousands who are now spreading the word in Darin's honor to not text and drive! You've shown multiple people the indomitable spirit that is you through sickness, death and severe traumas. You are so much more than your broken, exhausted soul can see right now.... but I see. I hear you. You made me believe that it is possible again... to connect in such power soul to soul... that there is mutual healing and a few more stitches in joining the amazing tapestry that weaves our lives in astounding ways to a motley variety of souls.

You have not only the seeds, but deep vibrant roots of love. I've learned in the most unique array of happenings, some wonderful and some that tear your soul in two... that there is indeed strength and power in love. That in spite of all we endure, all that can never be ok and all that will be... I am not broken beyond healing... staggering as the trail through life has been... I found my whole self. I know you will as well... I believe you are... but I have first hand knowledge that it takes time to gel that truth to the core of one's soul.

I BELIEVE that I will again find my optimistic self, my laughter, my smile, and learn not only to coexist with what was, what is and what will be, but to really live within their existence.
I BELIEVE.

My love surrounds you!

Love Janice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lifeboat... you are proof... when we simply pour out our souls... we give what others need without trying. I think trying truly sucks!!! To simply speak out the truth of how you feel when you need to do so... there is healing, giving, receiving that is vital to someone(s). I am so thankful you read Holly and found what you needed.

Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >