Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Do you laugh at least once every day?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » September 15, 2007, 12:51 am

Laugh and the world laughs with you!

I believe it. I know it to be true.

Thank you friends for these lovely words

Maithri.

PS have you laughed at yourself today? I find it quite refreshing. :D :p
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

spirited
Fellow Traveler

Post by spirited » September 16, 2007, 10:57 am

Dear all,

I sometimes forget...to laugh I mean. Strange isn't it?.... ??? but then something will come along and hey presto...all the gloom is dispelled.

In order to balance "the slings and arrows" one needs to laugh. Yes. Here are Billy Connelly's thoughts on these matters:

Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite- That's Latin, Billy says for:

[b]"Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosy doesn't try it on" :) [/b]I think the real version is something like: "Never trust a man (or woman) without a sense of humour)

...But I think the tea cosy works best! :D
Spirited!

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » September 19, 2007, 12:07 am

Hi friends,

...this is a memory from a few weeks ago that makes me grin even now :D ...

...it was blustery winds and I had just come out of the shopping mall with my mum when a huge wet ochre leaf lifted off the ground and hit me smack in the middle of the face, blinding me temporarily for a few seconds.

...it would have been scary if it hadn't been so hilarious especially for onlookers watching if there were any...

...anyway just wanted to share ;)
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

DeMechele
Good Friend

Post by DeMechele » September 29, 2009, 12:10 am

I usually am the "bubbly one" who always has a smile for my customers (retail chain) and a quick bit of wit. Some people come in and just cant seem to grin while they are in line at the checkout. There are days that I tell them a joke and sometimes they pass that on before they get to their car. I have had some spouses come back a few days later and they exclaim, "you're the one who cheered up my wife. She was having a lousy day at work and came home with your joke. Thanks." Some of my regular customers ask me, "what's todays' riddle?"

An example:

PRO is the opposite of CON.
The difference is clearly seen.
So if PROgress means to go forward.
What the heck does CONgress mean?

Oh, Why do ghosts go to bars?

For the BOOOOOS, of course.
Dnise

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » December 3, 2009, 8:25 am

Perfect - I love to laugh and somehow manage each day, even if it's laughing at myself, with myself, by myself.

Thanks to all who shared funny stuff - I'm still laughing and wishing laughter to all who need some.

Great posting everybody - thanks and :D

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » December 3, 2009, 2:42 pm

I admit I forget to laugh often enough; It seems I save them up and use them up all at once in a stupid but fun display of belly rolling hillarity! It still helps to try to remember to do it more regularly... :xmas:

David

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » December 4, 2009, 2:08 am

Thanks for this. I too was taught early to laugh cos the world laughs with you.. but its easy to forget.
I'd never of learnt to ski if i couldnt laugh at myself, or at the instructor's description of my posture as 'the gorilla position', or at the moment when the instructor said I was too tense and told me to relax. I did relax but so much I almost fell asleep and fell sideways off the tow lift :)
Laughter also helped when seven or eight years ago I rang my therapist to say i felt i could go forward by myself now. She said Ok why not try it so we agreed I would. Within ten minutes of putting the phone down I was called into my bosses office and told he was moving me out of my job and it was up to me to find another job in the same company or i'd be out. Fortunately I laughed at the timing and on that laughter went out and sent some emails and landed a new, better, job within 30 minutes.

GypsyButterfly
Good Friend

Post by GypsyButterfly » September 16, 2016, 9:23 pm

My husband says that I have a hearty, full of life laugh. I don't always have one of those each day, but, I usually laugh a little. I've said to my husband, if we can laugh, even during the most troubling times, we can't be too far gone.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans--John Lennon

Post Reply < PreviousNext >