Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Now that it's over...

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Post Reply < PreviousNext >
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 20, 2015, 2:32 am

I saw this question and thought I'd share it... it is a very positive one! ;)

Now that it's all over, what did you really do yesterday that's worth mentioning? - Coleman Cox
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » August 23, 2015, 12:48 pm

Hi Lion. What an interesting question. Acts of kindness are rewards unto themselves and mentioning then would only be self-serving. Acts of unkindness are even less worth mentioning except to confessors and those willing to help you move forward.
Which to me only leaves acts of wonder, such as seeing a rainbow dancing in front of you as drive down a road in the rain. Didn't do that yesterday, but I can dream....

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 27, 2015, 1:19 am

I actually think we've many worthy things to share... even acts of kindness, but just the simplicity of life is worth mentioning. It helps one to focus on the positives that daily life contains. Some find it very difficult in their circumstances to pick a worthy thing and find them much more abundant when reading what others might have to say.

An example that comes right away into my mind:

A friend shared today that she had a clothesline full of flannel diapers for her wee babe. Some mightn't think that a worthy thing to share... but for her that clothesline of diapers means a healthy, love filled, environmentally sound choice each time she changes her babe! I always say that * intent* means a great deal and that is a line full of much more than just diapers.

Another friend rescued a pup from a Shelter and gave him a " furever home". A worthy thing to do for the dog and for herself also because she's been very lonely and lacking ambition to get out and walk alone.

Perhaps someone else was able to take a photo of the most vibrant rainbow they've ever seen... or saw an incredible smile on a child watching a butterfly land on his pudgy little hand?

I think the person speaking about the soup kitchen they work in is an act of kindness, but also an inspiration placed in the heart of another person who wants to serve their community and just realized this was something they could do twice a week.

Worthy of mention could be anything at all... because it focuses attention on the small and large positives we all need inspiration of, encouragement for, and realization that there are more positives that go on in our busy and sometimes mundane lives than we realize.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » August 28, 2015, 5:56 pm

Most of us would find a gem in another's life that passed without notice. Most of us are too busy to see the scenery as we pass from here to there.
Yesterday I actually heard then saw a squirrel in a nearby tree eating one of the walnuts. I was working in our garden. It was so still and quiet I marveled that I was able to spot him... I also saw a humming bird up close last week when I was watering our potted Hibiscus. I came around the corner of the house.
We were both surprised.
It was totally awesome to see it hovering there looking at me.
What was it worth? ~ priceless.
~Zep :D:

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » November 3, 2015, 8:33 pm

Hi Janice,

this question really makes me hesitate and think.
Some find it very difficult in their circumstances to pick a worthy thing and find them much more abundant when reading what others might have to say.
you're right. i can't find any worthy thing i did yesterday.
but this question reminds me to do some valuable things everyday, simple things that matter, to ourselves, family, friends, and even strangers.

or at least, to be more aware and remember the things that we do.
sometimes we are trapped in routines, same daily activities everyday, till we forget many things we did just the day before. seems like none of them is worthy enough to be mentioned. although i'm pretty sure that actually most of them are worth mentioning, like simple things you mentioned above, but we just can't figure it out sometimes.

i hope i'll be back here tomorrow and come up with an answer :)

regards,
melia

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » December 31, 2015, 9:36 pm

What a perfect question Janice! I'm thinking about yesterday and realized that I spent 90% of it doing paperwork in an effort to be more organized for next year. The final 10% was spent with my beautiful sister who has been having some health issues lately. I wanted to take her to a movie, thinking it would be good for her. As usual, we had a marvelous time just being together... and what made it even more special was the movie itself, which made me laugh and cry and think about how fortunate we are to experience life and love and everything that goes with it.

flyingrabbit
Beautiful Soul

Post by flyingrabbit » January 4, 2016, 10:50 pm

Hi Janice,

now i'm back with some answers :)

yesterday i met a policeman who warmly greeted me good evening with a smile
yesterday i read a true life story about a man's love life which made me understand more about love
yesterday i welcomed my son's babysitter back from her 2 weeks holiday and she kindly brought us many kinds of fruits and snacks from her small village
yesterday my 20 months old niece gave me a big smile and a warm hug
yesterday i bought a beach ball for my 19 months old son and seeing a joyful laugh on his innocent face made my day
yesterday i enjoyed my day and night
yesterday i thanked God for a nice sunny day :)

regards,
melia

Post Reply < PreviousNext >