Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Importance of Wonder.

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Luckintheshadows » April 20, 2008, 8:29 am

This is my all time, favourite quote, from one of my favourite books - Decipher by Stel Pavlou...I read this quote everyday when I wake up....

“Never lose your sense of wonder and amazement. Never be blasé. Because then, one day, when the really big, and truly important things do come along, you’ll be in a position to appreciate them.” – Jon Hackett “Decipher” by Stel Pavlou
That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria! - Calvin and Hobbs

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » April 20, 2008, 10:10 am

I love your favorite quote, Luck.!

It is quite similar to the one I chose recently as my own favorite quote for another site:

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed. Albert Einstein"

Keeping our eyes open!

Thank you Luck.
Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

LadySolaris
Beloved Pest

Post by LadySolaris » April 20, 2008, 10:39 am

Could not resist sharing my own favorite quote on the subject!
Wonder implies the desire to learn - Aristotle

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » April 20, 2008, 11:29 pm

Dear (((Luckintheshadows))),

What a grrrreat quote....truly suPURRRRRb!!!...I looooovvvveeee it!!!

Mega thanx for sharing!!!

And heres one from mwha....
For a man who cannot wonder is but a pair of spectacles behind which there are no eyes...
Thomas Carlyle
love from a blissed
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul

Post by Luckintheshadows » April 22, 2008, 11:01 am

oh wow...ladybird! that's a great quote...I'm pasting it into my Quote book :) (I'm an obsessive collecter of quotes lol)
That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria! - Calvin and Hobbs

travish
Good Friend

Post by travish » May 13, 2008, 1:42 pm

I completely agree with everyone that has posted here. I truly believe that disinterest and complacency with the world around us is one of the plagues of humanity. If we always desire to learn new things and find the simple beauty in everything around us then we will be motivated to do great things for the world. Thanks for sharing the quote!!!!
Help me inspire the world. Visit my blog at:
http://thehumanpotentialproject.blogspot.com/

Post Reply < PreviousNext >