Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Powerful...

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » January 5, 2010, 8:06 pm

to love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you've held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again.

Ellen Bass
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » January 5, 2010, 9:55 pm

Wow!!!

love ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

celticwarrior
Good Friend

Post by celticwarrior » January 13, 2010, 4:09 am

That is a beautiful and powerful piece. Thank you for sharing Lion. :)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » January 13, 2010, 9:27 am

It's experience!

Matthew Weeden

olivia751
Fellow Traveler

Post by olivia751 » January 13, 2010, 11:28 pm

Hello,

This is so beautiful and nice thought . Thanks for sharing here.

Regards,
Olivia

Time Management Training

Goodheart
Fellow Traveler

Post by Goodheart » January 24, 2010, 10:58 am

dear Lion,
what a beautiful poem.
it reminds me of a quote I read some time ago:

“Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.” - Og Mandino

One of human's most difficult tasks; to see the beauty before you every day and realise that the sun always rises no matter how dark the night has been.

love and light,
alexandra
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly, to be fearful of the night. ~ Sarah Williams

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » January 24, 2010, 1:08 pm

There is indeed a calm peace within when one knows their own worth and lives in that strength... it certainly does NOT change the challenging details of our lives. Yet loving respect for yourself changes how you walk your own journey day by day. When in spite of varying circumstances you strengthen and become secure and bit by bit... unshakable maturity of soul.

Yes, just as the sun rises at dawn... we too rise up into who we are destined to be. Sometimes we are shrouded in clouds for quite sometime before we emerge in our own dawn awakening. When that happens those who have known us will do one of two things: # cover their eyes for they cannot accept the brilliance that is shining...OR # gasp in awe and smile and celebrate. Either way... it is essential to rise and move forward.

Thank you, Alexandra for the Og Mandino quote. Very fitting! A very warm welcome as you join the Peak community! :D:

Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >