Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Ultimately

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dewdrops
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by dewdrops » March 27, 2012, 5:14 am

Ultimately all storms pass.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Davidf » March 27, 2012, 4:55 pm

Yes, dewdrops they do...I once wrote a poem "There Will Be Sundhine Again" which basically says about the same thing though not those exact words. just that we should not wallow in self-pity when there are more important things to worry about.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 28, 2012, 1:35 am

Actually.... I think the "storm" is a time to think deeply. I'd not call it " self-pity" to be in duress when life is literally raining down! There is not always anything at all more important at that precise time.... " the storm... the upset.... the flood upon life" IS the importance. Why do people judge anyone for a " pity party"? Why is it not ok to not be ok!!!? Why does anyone have to sidestep what is going on in reality and seek " something better"? When just then there is no " better"... there is just being.

Storms don't stop in mid raindrop when the clouds are still blacker than black. Does a Lily look for something more important to do while her petals are being pounded off? Survival is all she can do. She can't blossom again till another season. Is that a pity party on behalf of the Lily? Or.... does it have to dwell upon what is within her core bulb and wait... nothing else to do.... until once again... she is capable of blossoming. Do the Roses assume the Lily is in a pity party because she doesn't put out more blossoms like the Rose? Does the Rose jab her with thorns? or just leave her to be the Lily she is. The storm does indeed pass... but nothing... nothing at all can put those very first petals back upon the stem. .... nothing is ever quite the same even with the next ones to unfurl.

Janice~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

dewdrops
Good Friend

Post by dewdrops » March 28, 2012, 6:39 am

yes Janice, you are so right...nothing is ever quite the same after the storm. Life just moves on and we move on with life...in the hope of something better,even if theres no better...but then just maybe!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 30, 2012, 2:21 am

We always hope for maybe even when we know it has passed and won't be coming back.

Matthew Weeden

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » March 30, 2012, 4:01 pm

Janice,
Thank you for putting in terms of nature, something I can better understand. I don't lmow about in Canada, (or India, for that matter) but here in the U.S. we refer people to seek professional help if they are suffering from a "pity party" too long. Maybe we should just let them alone, until they get better on their own. Sorry if I offended anyone, I don't know how these things are dealt with in the rest of the world.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 31, 2012, 5:29 pm

David... I grew up hearing * Get OOOOVER IT!*... thing is.... there are happenings in life that are so defining there is NO.... getting over... no " bettah" .... for deep seeded depression, yes, I believe professional help is in order.... but where I come from a pity party is deemed so by someone else when they have zero sympathy for the very real grief another goes through. Personally I despise the term. I'm used to it meaning being very selfish .... me, myself and I.... but not of the one condemned for their very honest emotional stat... but rather the one who is doing the assuming and judging is the only one I've ever seen it definitely true of! No offense taken.... we all have differing ways and terms we use.

Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >