Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

More right!

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » April 17, 2012, 12:28 am

"Until you stop breathing,
there's more right with you
than wrong with you."

- Jon Kabat-Zinn

Though it can take some pretty tumultuous happenings in life to come to this very truthful conclusiion!!! For too many it begins in childhood and continues with relationships throughout life... " What is 'wrong' with you? " People always placing more doubt, blame and degradation on others.... than positive edification!

If more were respected, empowered and valued .... for who they are by parents,teachers, preachers, spouses, friends, siblings and employers..... what a difference there would be in people living the act of love.

There is more right with you! Find it this side of dirt! ;)

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » April 18, 2012, 1:14 am

So true. We can each do a long long list of some pretty amazing things but we tend to take them for granted (e.g. "hey - breathing is nothing special I've been doing it all my life").
It's easy to focus on the other list - the things that aren't quite as we wish, or didn't turn out quite as we hoped - and kind of forget that fallibility is an inescapable part of the human condition.
I was taught by someone not too long ago that self-esteem can't be damaged by what anyone else says to us or about us. It can only be damaged by how we respond.
I find it serves me well to smile, shrug my shoulders and think: "So what... I'm not perfect... who is?"
Of course a little appreciation costs nothing and can be the most welcome gift to receive but even without it there is so much inside each of us that is so amazing that thinking about it is a genuine 'take-your-breath-away WOW! moment' ....

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » April 18, 2012, 1:52 am

Very true Peter! For myself... though it is as impossible to be infallable.... it is also impossible to not have expectancy... though... I've learned very deeply so... to not " expect" from anyone at all.... but I do expect myself to be true to who I am.... no matter what anyone feels they " want from me". I've given and still give in known and unknown ways to precious ones I love and I seek zero. My heart however, longs for much, but that is not within my control. " I am"!!!

I've looked bit by bit just who am I? Sought my own self with powerful, humble, humiliating and shattering strength. ( Yes! Shattering can indeed lead to tremendous strength when glueing the bits that are necessary back together!) My own fallibility though a source to some of more howling than a wolf pack at the moon.... is of tremendous value to me. It's made me even more compassionate, merciful, accepting and honest! Though I see where blame lies in situations.... I don't flog anyone. I look to the core of why? My own why's have uncovered a great deal of * rightness*. So many times people in their fear and anger just want to lash out on the wrong! It is the intent of the heart that matters. It is the intent of the heart that makes more right with us.

I've lived most likely more than half my life. Perhaps even 99% of it for all that is unknown! I can't count how many times from infancy I was told I was wrong. What I do know... is that all too many of those time I was not. I was just made so by another/s. With every breath.... I know my rightness and gratefully accept my needs for challenging changes that procure a happy life.

You are so right about that teaching
I was taught by someone not too long ago that self-esteem can't be damaged by what anyone else says to us or about us. It can only be damaged by how we respond.
In realizing my shortcomings.... I wouldn't say I am undamaged by what certain people have said/done... however, I have avoided tremendous damages by NOT responding to their baiting of judgments that hurt like blazes. This would be me.... being me.... being so alright! when nothing was actually ok at all. True to me and true to the loves I hold dear in my soul.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >