Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Where is God?

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » May 18, 2007, 2:35 pm

"God is in the slums, in the cardboard boxes where the poor play house. God is in the silence of a mother who has infected her child with a virus that will end both their lives. God is in the cries heard under the rubble of war. God is in the debris of wasted opportunity and lives, and God is with us if we are with them."

- Bono, from his speech 'on the move'
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » May 18, 2007, 7:03 pm

Certainly is!

Love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

social butterfly
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by social butterfly » May 19, 2007, 5:31 am

this quote is so powerful, thank you for sharing Maithri! :)

dance of joy
Beautiful Soul

Post by dance of joy » May 20, 2007, 3:03 pm

Oh yes, God is in every human being, every beast, every tree.

Thanks, Maithri!

Love,
Christine
Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two, my life flows.

Sinful Saint
Fellow Traveler

Post by Sinful Saint » May 22, 2007, 4:52 am

To ask where God is indicates lack of spiritual experience. What i do is to be just grateful to Him in every way and it makes the difference everyday.

Peace.

Sinful Saint.
" Selfish people smell fishy "

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » May 23, 2007, 2:19 am

Dear Saint,

I dont think that asking where God is 'lacks spiritual experience'. In fact I think it is often an important part of the souls journey, and evidence of a mind brave enough to question what it has been told. I believe that God is everywhere, and that is the message in this post - However I would advise caution in telling someone who is questioning that 'they lack spiritual experience.' I would much rather be spiritually inexperienced than spiritually arrogant.

Maithri.
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » May 23, 2007, 5:16 pm

I couldn't agree with you more dear Maithri ! Wisely spoken. I do believe that in our individual experiences we know we know certain things and yet... it is only a drop in the 'ocean' of spiritual understanding of who God is and has done and where He is.

I believe we are ever experiencing and always inexperienced because there is always more, More, MORE to know!!!! ;)

Love Lion~*TeachMeHumblyToFindYouAlwaysWithMePaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Sinful Saint
Fellow Traveler

Post by Sinful Saint » May 29, 2007, 2:28 pm

[quote]Dear Saint,

I dont think that asking where God is 'lacks spiritual experience'. In fact I think it is often an important part of the souls journey, and evidence of a mind brave enough to question what it has been told. I believe that God is everywhere, and that is the message in this post - However I would advise caution in telling someone who is questioning that 'they lack spiritual experience.' I would much rather be spiritually inexperienced than spiritually arrogant.

Maithri[/quote]

Maithri.. i am sorry for sounding spiritually arrogant as you call it. What i meant by saying it is that the spiritual experience may not be as spiritual as it seems like when the person who says he is religious but lacks the sense of humility and obedience to follow his faith. My sincere apology for not expounding early on.

Peace,

Saint.
" Selfish people smell fishy "

Ames0325
Good Friend

Post by Ames0325 » May 30, 2007, 5:41 am

I truly enjoyed this quote dear Mathiri.

I also have a few words in answer to Saint's assertion that asking where God is is lacks a certain amount of spiritual experience or faith.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear". Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Peter Carr, Paris, August 1787
“Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.”
The previous are couple of my many favorite quotes. I in fact believe that the asking of the question where is God? shows a great deal of maturity in that it means that one is ready to accept a higher power and wants to find him. If we never question our universe or seek for God we will never find him. we must continue to ask questions if we want to find their answers. One person may find anothers questions simple minded but we all start at different places in the path and we must all find the answers to our questions no matter how simple or complex they might be.

Love,
Amy

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » May 30, 2007, 3:15 pm

Sinful Saint,

As I read this question, I know that I live in a bubble. A beautiful world where everything God has given me is perfect. I am very much a christian and yet this question raised my brow. As I sit here surrounded by all the wonders bestowed on me, or in church, where we are reminded of those who are suffering and our hearts bleed, we offer donations, I have been on mission trips. But wow, how profound was this "question" to remind us, that He lives in even in the darkest corners of life, places we fear to tread He does not, and "he is with us, if we are with him".

Do you Saint, see the real question here? Do you Saint, see that Mathri has profoundly brought that question to surface, helping others to take a spiritual step.

I have lived in these places raised in this question. Yet, the Graces that have been given have allowed me to put those memories behind me. Perhaps I should have always kept them foremost in my mind, then I may have become a better witness to God.

Thank you Maithri, God speaks in mysterious ways. The silence of my tears shames me. God bless you.

Pollie

PS AMY
Loved the quotes, you are a breath of fresh air. I love to read your replies. You delight my heart.
"The future has a way of putting in front of us, that which we most wish to leave behind" Unknown

Post Reply < PreviousNext >