Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Never give up!

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BrainCourage
Fellow Traveler

Post by BrainCourage » June 12, 2012, 11:14 am

"You're never a loser until you quit trying." - Mike Ditka
http://www.BrainCourage.com/ - your daily source of inspiration.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Davidf » June 12, 2012, 3:07 pm

So true, BrainCourage! Welcome to Inspiration Peak!
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » June 14, 2012, 2:47 am

Sometimes you have to stop the "trying" and just be ! And that.... is where a great deal... can be won!

I'm not quite sure how I'd define "being a loser" .... I've been labeled that before.... and I wasn't then and am not now. People tend to have differing perspectives on * trying* and what a person "should or shouldn't do". I believe in being true ... no vain attempts... just being. I've stopped trying many things. Got torn in two from " trying"with all my might. I quit. I found a content fragility in just being... knowing that all that trying was from the depths of the best of me.... but it is not up to me to fulfill everyone I knew.... now I'm unknown but to a rare few. Last thing I am is a loser.... trying lost everything. quitting and just being gave me myself back. A fragile contentment resides in this.
Last edited by Lion~* on June 19, 2012, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

dewdrops
Good Friend

Post by dewdrops » June 18, 2012, 7:17 am

Lion
you have filled the paper with breathings of MY heart as well

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » June 19, 2012, 1:09 am

That pleases me Dewdrops! :^

Matthew Weeden

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » June 21, 2012, 9:49 pm

I love the way you said what you said Janice...

I think that in this life there are times to 'try'... and there are times to 'be'. It mostly depends on what we desire from a situation.

Our culture places far too much emphasis on 'achieving', 'acquiring' 'winning' and 'excelling'. But sometimes it's a great victory to simply be at peace with what what we already have or who we already are.

;)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » June 22, 2012, 1:19 am

But sometimes it's a great victory to simply be at peace with what what we already have or who we already are.
Exactly right Ron! ... and thank you!

Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >