Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

peace

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » August 31, 2012, 2:11 am

"Each one has to find peace from within.

And peace

- to be real -

must be unaffected by outside circumstances."

- Mahatma Gandhi

It certainly does!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Davidf
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Davidf » August 31, 2012, 5:48 am

Janice,
I wonder how many actually find inner-peace...isn't that like self-actualization, the highest part on Maslow's chart that very few actually achieve?
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

jjbreunig3
Beautiful Soul

Post by jjbreunig3 » September 6, 2012, 4:44 am

Great quote; thanks for sharing this! -Joe
Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably. --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 8, 2012, 10:32 am

David.... life circumstances can get crazy at times in all realms... relationships, health, jobs and a long, long list of things..... for me personally.... even though I know very tumultuous circumstances in every area of my life.... I do have an inner peace because I KNOW where my personal intent of heart... my love, my passions, my ability, my adaptations etc lie. Where there may be NO peace in a certain relationship... I do have peace knowing the deep seeded love in my soul. So I say YES! Inner peace is attainable... and to me... it doesn't look even close to that * perfect life*..... but it does entail accepting what is, what isn't and most of all... WHO I AM. No one dictates that to me. In this... I have inner peace amidst the vast challenges of life.

I don't know a thing about Maslow's chart... but I do know about the calm inside my own soul.

Matthew Weeden

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » September 10, 2012, 1:08 am

A great quote thank you Janice. For me, like you, acceptance has brought that peace. The never give up attitude of my Higher Power kinda helped too.

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » September 10, 2012, 1:24 am

Davidf, for me inner peace is about stability and well, just being. I thought Maslows s-a was about motuvation. I behave this way because it rewards me in a way beyond basic physical and emotional needs. (Food, water,money, love etc).
I always think of vocation or calling vs job. If I am right you could be self-actualised but very fragile and vulnerable without inner peace.

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » September 11, 2012, 4:32 pm

For me peace means lack of emotional upset.

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 12, 2012, 12:42 am

I had to find a place within that is peaceful... in spite of emotional upsets... something that hasn't been lacking EVER in this unique life I've known. I go to my " roots" often with the song by Horatio Spafford, 1873 * It Is Well With My Soul* .... he lost his son... his wife and 3 daughters were taking a ship across the ocean to join him in North America... a storm sank the ship... his wife telegraphed... * Saved Alone* .... he took a ship to get her... the Captain told him when they were at the spot the ship sank.... and in praying he went on to write this song.... all about how in the tumult of life's storm and the very worst the man could possibly contend with.... he found a peace surpassing all the anguish and he said... it is well with my soul. I would think it impossible and completely foreign and odd... if I didn't know it for my own soul.

Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >