Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Infuse your life with action!

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Piewacket
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Piewacket » January 6, 2013, 6:17 am

Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on earth.

Bradley Whitford
~ The love we give away is the only love we keep ~

Elbert Hubbard

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » January 8, 2013, 2:35 pm

excellent!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » January 8, 2013, 8:57 pm

Thank you for sharing such an action-inspiring quote Piewacket!! (I liked it so much I shared it with our Facebook and mailing list friends today!! ;-)

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » January 15, 2013, 7:08 pm

Some excellent advice here Zep... beautifully expressed. (as usual. ;-)

You may have noticed that traffic has decreased significantly in our forum over the last three or four years and there are not as many active members as there once were. With all the blogs and facebooks and twitters, I imagine people are a little overwhelmed these days.

(I too wish I had more time to devote to the forums because this is one of my favorite corners of the Peak... but like many of our members I have a few more responsibilities now than I used to.)

Despite this, we are still blessed to have so many talented poets and writers, such as yourself, and together we are writing a beautiful book of poems and ideas that might be more for ourselves than for anyone else. And that's OK too. The magic still happens, whether or not the world notices.
Quote:
Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen.

My take on this... my view of the day...
We are graced with the opportunity everyday to interact with others.
It is important to be a good listener and to be polite but it is also important to speak -up and in doing so acknowledge the persons you are interacting with.
Have you ever been a speaker and had no questions or comments?
Not interacting many times has the effect of discouraging the speaker or the writer.
Smiling at your neighbors even if they are scowling, saying good morning even though your partnership doesn't require it...
Helping another whether it is politically correct or not, or profitable or not.
Sometimes in life we get so tied up in delivering our message that we forget that the message of others has merit and requires acknowledgement just as you wish you would like to receive.
Lion has often told me that maybe one person somewhere needs the message we might deliver on a given day,
and not to feel ignored or dismissed when no one makes a comment.
Many I expect have much to share but stop sharing when it seems as if no one notices.
This is not an indictment to anyone. This is not about me, it is about all of us everyday.
Share your kindness, your smile, your wisdom, your head nod, your handshake, your pat on the back.
What goes around comes around, or so they tell us...
Maybe the kind word or the help you give will come back around when you need it most.
Don't be a wall flower, don't let fear box you in, don't let pride stop you, don't let the slings and arrows of the day deter you.
Each of us is God's messenger. Share it! Don't sit on it... You might end up being out of a job after a while so to speak.
Share and the world will share with you.
Laugh and we will laugh with you... Reciprocate...
Accept the gifts people give you daily ~be being a good receiver, give thanks, give acknowledgement...

This is an expression of a view I am sharing of the golden rule...
If you like it say so.
Everyone needs acknowledgement... Everyone.
Share of yourself. Let others know you care, that you have ideas, that you are alive.
Just take this for what you get out of it, but get active.
You likely aren't complacent but who would know if you stop interacting.
I can't figure out away to say it better (sorry)...
There it is...
~Zep

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » January 16, 2013, 2:09 am

Just read what Zep wrote... and yes... it is indeed beautifully expressed. Not sure where the oringinal went but so glad Ron quoted you because you've many important thoughts expressed Thank you so much Zep! :D

The Peak has been a respite for a long time ... a place of calm and wild expression. There is a great deal on the net as Ron said... and there are situations in life that demand attention and take away the joy of a good relaxed Peak read and share time. Sometimes this is not the venue to be able to share.... but I do agree very much with Zep's writing.... it is vital in life to keep connected.... to value yourself and others through communication. It could... and it does change lives. What has been shared here on the Peak for years now is SO MUCH MORE than any * like* button could ever instill into another's life! ;)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >