Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Letter To My Future Wife

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Abdullahi Ismail
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Abdullahi Ismail » October 12, 2014, 9:35 am

Dear future wife,it is a must that you rock your natural hair on our wedding day. I want a locally made hairstyle underneath the veil, and not some kinda artificial fittings. It doesn't just save cost,but it also makes you look more attractive and acceptable to me.

Yours faithfully,
Your Future Husband.

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 13, 2014, 8:12 pm

Very interesting post Abdullahi... and I am fairly confident of one thing. If you wish to have a truly happy marriage you might be less concerned with your bride's hairstyle and more concerned with the qualities of your own heart. In this way, I'm sure you would make a good and acceptable husband to your new bride. ;)

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » October 14, 2014, 3:27 pm

Hi Abdullah and welcome.
I think you make a great point (sorry Ron!) as it seems to me that you are hoping for a future wife who wants to be herself on her wedding day. That's wonderful.
When two people who are just right for each other are getting married there should be absolutely no need for 'let's pretend'. Just an overwhelming joy that you've found each other, and truly a case of 'just being yourself is beautiful.....'
One big question though is do you love her enough to let her be herself, if for some reason it really matters to her that she has her hair set special for her special day?

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 14, 2014, 9:35 pm

No worries Peter! And I appreciate the fact you are giving Abdullah the benefit of the doubt. I was concerned that he might be a little too pre-occupied with external appearances, but it could be that something was lost in the translation (as English may not be his first language) or perhaps there is a cultural misunderstanding on my part. At any rate, I wish him and his future wife all the goodness and sweetness this life has to offer. ;)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >