Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

A

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
himanshu2263
Fellow Traveler

Post by himanshu2263 » March 6, 2015, 8:29 am

“Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.”
Last edited by himanshu2263 on March 7, 2015, 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » March 6, 2015, 2:24 pm

himanshu2263,
A good quote, but there is a specific forum just for quotes. I'm not a moderator, so I'm not telling you to re-post or move it...just saying...
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

himanshu2263
Fellow Traveler

Post by himanshu2263 » March 7, 2015, 9:54 pm

Ok David
i'll not post here again
thanks for your suggestion :)

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » March 8, 2015, 6:47 am

Himanshu - Welcome to you and thank you for posting this as I really benefitted from seeing it.
In many ways your posting was like taking the first step in your quote, please take further steps by continuing to post as you climb this peak of ours.

jjbreunig3
Beautiful Soul

Post by jjbreunig3 » March 12, 2015, 6:20 am

This is a familiar quote from MLK, Jr.

By not listing him, it gives the false impression that this is your "original" thought; this type of action is called

P-L-A-G-I-A-R-I-S-M

and is defined as follows:

noun: the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as if they were your own

noun: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work
Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably. --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » March 12, 2015, 10:39 pm

I must say.... thank you to LifeBoat for your kindness and welcome .... which I also extend to you, himanshu2263, a very new arrival to this site!

“Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.”

― Martin Luther King Jr.
Yes this is a quote by Martin Luther King Jr. and it is correct to add the author when it is not our own words being posted.
There is a Private Message PM button if you feel someone needs to be " quietly"made aware of "rules" spoken and unspoken that they may not understand. We are on the worldwide web and what we take for granted...may not be understood the same elsewhere. It is far kinder to help someone become familiar with the Peak in a PM or by bringing something you are not happy with to the attention of Mayor Ron or to myself. S H O U T I N G is quite unnecessary in a place that should exude a graciousness toward each soul and especially to ones unknown and unfamiliar with this site. This is a place of inspiration, respect and welcome. Posting in the wrong forum is no biggy.... I've moved plenty of posts into the right slot over the years! Not adding an author name could be nothing more than a "copy and paste" error.

I believe everyone deserves welcome, respectful criticism and kindly put suggestions.

Thank you for listening and taking consideration for what has been said.

Lion~* Your friendly Inspiration Peak Moderator
Last edited by Lion~* on March 27, 2015, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » March 14, 2015, 2:07 pm

Himanshu - Welcome!
~Zep

Post Reply < PreviousNext >