Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Yourself

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » September 30, 2007, 1:36 pm

Dear friends,

this quote is by Lao-Tzu and it struck a chord with me...

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power

...may all of us at the Peak find ourselves to harness the grrrrreat power from within...

love ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

summerrain
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by summerrain » October 3, 2007, 8:23 pm

great words of strength, i love it!
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 18, 2007, 9:13 pm

...thanx for the compliment (((summerrain))) and heres another couple of my favourite quotes...

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow
~ Chinese proverb

The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving
~ O W Holmes

love ladybird luv

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 31, 2007, 10:53 pm

Tell me and I'll never forget;
Show me and I may remember;
Involve me and I'll understand
~ Chinese proverb

love ladybird luv

...be yourself. Nobody is better qualified!...
~ Anon

Trebissky
Good Friend

Post by Trebissky » December 16, 2007, 7:04 pm

"The height of skill is to defeat an enemy without fighting."

~ SUN Tzu, The Art of War
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS
"The mind and the sword are one.
If the mind is right, the sword is right."

Look4Hope
Good Friend

Post by Look4Hope » December 17, 2007, 1:40 pm

Three that may be simple but I believe concise. luv

“Bart, having never received any words of encouragement myself, I'm not sure how they're supposed to sound. But here goes: "I believe in you." :xmas:
Lisa Simpson quotes (Fictional character from the animated television series created by Matt Groening

“If you don't want anyone to know it, don't do it” :p
Chinese Proverbs quote

“Group conformity scares the pants off me because it's so often a prelude to cruelty towards anyone who doesn't want to -- or can't -- join the Big Parade.” ;b
Bette Midler quote

Trebissky
Good Friend

Post by Trebissky » January 20, 2008, 12:04 pm

"I like Christ. It is Christians I dread for they are so very unlike Christ."
~ Mohandas Ghandi
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS
"The mind and the sword are one.
If the mind is right, the sword is right."

Post Reply < PreviousNext >