Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Courage

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ebullientenigma
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ebullientenigma » November 29, 2007, 3:39 pm

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~
Anais Nin

My favorite quote of all time!!

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » November 29, 2007, 4:50 pm

I just read this somewhere else today and I love this quote - it is so beautiful and so true concerning life, any life.
We stay wrapped up in ourselves and our thoughts until it becomes uncomfortably boring or restraining, and finally we blossom - the thought is so very beautiful.
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » November 30, 2007, 2:14 am

MY favourite quote too :p
I love it because it acknowledges the pain and the fear and the courage of change.

Mammy x x x

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » December 3, 2007, 1:21 pm

Dear (((ebullientenigma)))

I looooovvvvveeeee this quote!!!...its amazing!!!

I have a passion for quotes but this one I haven't seen before now so mega thanx for sharing!!!...

love ladybird luv

...A friend is the loving gardener who inspires the soul to blossom...
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 4, 2007, 1:45 pm

Fearlessness may be a gift, but perhaps more precious is the courage acquired through endeavour, courage that come from cultivating the habit of refusing to let fear dictate one's actions, courage that could be described as 'grace under pressure' - grace which is renewed repeatedly in the face of harsh unremitting pressure...
~ Aung San Suu Kyi

love ladybird luv

...courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen...
~ Anon

Trebissky
Good Friend

Post by Trebissky » December 16, 2007, 6:04 am

I like BOTH of those! Just got here and am looking around. Nice place you got here.
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS
"The mind and the sword are one.
If the mind is right, the sword is right."

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » December 16, 2007, 1:21 pm

Dear (((Trebissky))),

mega thanx, and lovely to see ya!!...welcome to the Peak a place I call a heavenly oasis for the soul...there is much beauty, love and inspiration here for sure!!...

love ladybird luv

To turn an obstacle to one's advantage is a great step towards victory...
~ French proverb

Trebissky
Good Friend

Post by Trebissky » December 16, 2007, 6:39 pm

I can see that.

"Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway."

~ John Wayne
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS
"The mind and the sword are one.
If the mind is right, the sword is right."

Post Reply < PreviousNext >