Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Way You Speak

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kena_quote
Beautiful Soul

Post by kena_quote » June 4, 2008, 1:43 am

Once an old wise man sat meditating under a tree. He was blind. A man came up and said: "Hey! old man, did you hear anyone passing this way?" The wise man replied, "No, my good man, I did not hear anyone."
After a while another man went up to the old wise man and asked, "Old man, did you hear anyone going this way?" The wise man replied, "Oh yes, a man went by just now and he asked the same question." The man went away. After some time another man came and asked, "Noble sir, did you hear anyone passing this way?" The old wise man replied, "Yes, Your Majesty. A soldier went first and then your Chief Minister. Both of them asked the same question." The man was surprised and asked, "Good sir, how do you know that I am a King and that the other two were a soldier and a Chief Minister?"
The wise man answered, "Your Majesty, I knew them by their manner of speaking. The first man spoke very rudely. The second man was a little more polite, but Your Majesty was the most polite."
The King went away astonished at the wise man's astuteness.

“Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.” - Isaac Newton

"People with tact have less to retract." - Arnold H. Glasow

How we express our thoughts determines how it is perceived. Thus, it is very important to express our thoughts with clarity and diplomacy.

Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable